Need some Information on JS guitars - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Need some Information on JS guitars

Hey guys. I recently played a JS2000CG in a guitar shop in Manhattan and I fell in LOVE!!!! I know alot of the specs and Jems and RG's but I'm not to knowledgable when it comes to JS models. I want something with a similar feel to the one I played but with a floating trem,(excluding TRS ofcourse). Can you guys enlighten me to the which are the nicer JS' and whice are the Jem 555's of the JS series.
Thanks for your time
Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 03:44 AM
Vendor

Why am I not surprised?

Any true JS that doesn't have a 21st fret plaque will get you there, just make sure it's a JS and not one of the myriad of other models listed as "Joe Satriani" which are mostly Radius's, Powers, and lots of S series. Only a JS has that controls layout.

[Technically a JS that has the JS CUSTOM plaque is MIJ and the right spec, if you can tollerate the plaque....., anything with the "JOE SATRIANI" plaque is MIK and to be avoided]
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Any true JS that doesn't have a 21st fret plaque will get you there, just make sure it's a JS and not one of the myriad of other models listed as "Joe Satriani"

my js90th has a 21st fret plaque... tis no true js?

___
on-topic: avoid js100 and js600 .. those are the jem555s of the js-series :P

(basically you can buy any js with dimarzio FRED and PAFPro that's not been modded (ppl often put these PU's in js100s))

of course i may be wrong, rich, correct me please if i am
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Vendor

Sorry, you can add the "90th Anniversary" plaque to the list of good spec models
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 06:06 PM

I always enjoy playing a JS, for me that's the difference between a JEM, RG, whatever.
It feels good....
I was spoilt, my first guitar was an old Strat which had a great neck, it felt like I was holding my thing.

Some JS's have that feel to me now....granted they aint as rounded or solid as my old strat, but they are fantastic to play and I can sacrifice the robust familiar neck for the faster, smoother yet still reminiscent feel.

The most important component on a guitar is the neck, which is also the most inconsistent component.
You have to play a guitar until you find the right one, forget pickups, forget wiring and electronics, forget floating bridges.....find a great neck made of quality wood and you'll be a happy chappy, everything else you can ammend to your own specs.

SteveJW
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 11:15 AM

Who says you can't sand a neck down to your own size?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 12:12 PM

saTa, I agree with you on the JS100's but the 600's are awesome guitars. I played one with a natural mahogany body and the exact same specs as a JS1000, and thought it was great. I actually wish I had had the money to buy it. atahr only thing that is different on this guitar is that it has a hardtail bridge.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Given to Fly
saTa, I agree with you on the JS100's but the 600's are awesome guitars. I played one with a natural mahogany body and the exact same specs as a JS1000, and thought it was great. I actually wish I had had the money to buy it. atahr only thing that is different on this guitar is that it has a hardtail bridge.
The 600s weren't available in a natural finish...sounds like you played the JS6 or a JS6000
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 01:06 PM

JS6 gwaaa FRED in mahogany fixed bridge looks tone

Tags
fixed bridge , floating bridges , guitar shop , hardtail bridge , joe satriani , mahogany body

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode