Nervous about getting my first Jem.....and it's a BFP!!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Nervous about getting my first Jem.....and it's a BFP!!!!

Stay with me....first time I've been on here (but I do laugh my ass off reading some of the stuff you guys post!)......I had to share that I'm in London tomorrow on business.....and a guy is meeting me with a BFP that he needs to shift!! The downer is I've got to sell my MM Steve Morse - but hey....addicted to Jems but can never get the cash 2gether (2 kidz n' all that)

Anyway - had to share! Laters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 05:22 PM

hang on

no remorse it's a very good jem (for me), nice to play (thin fret/ maple), and nice looking.

Mine is in retirement now (after years of playing hard), and i had to put it on my testament because one of my best friend want it when i will be dead (in few years i hope)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Black Nap....I guess you won't sell me yours then if this falls through!

I forgot to mention - this will be my first Jem. Stevie has kind of taken over from EVH over the last few years as my Numero Uno - but this is the first chance that I've been able to consider buying one.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

D'oh....just read my last reply...can't believe I said about 'Did I mention this will be my first Jem!!!!! It's only the title I gave it in the first place....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 01:47 PM

Don't be nervous-just be yourself. I'm positive she'll like you just fine.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 01:57 PM

Just remember five simple, but important, words for when you first see her:

"KEEP IT IN THE PANTS!"

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 02:37 PM

I'll be a little more realistic here.

The necks on the Jems and the EBMM's are a LOT different. It's going to take some getting used to - don't go by your first impression.

The MM's neck is very round front to back and much skinnier width-wise. The strings are much closer together, where the Jem's neck is much sleeker and less bat-like ^^^^. <=not that kind of a bat

The pickup outputs are like apples and oranges too. The PAFs won't 'bite' as much as you're accustomed to.. Be prepared to do some major amp/preamp-tweaking. Your settings defintely won't transfer well form one to the other.

Enjoy the BFP. I've had mine for about 19 months now and it's become a part of me. I just love it to death. make sure you get a good setup when you first get the guitar. It can make or break your impression of it.

~Kenny
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback folks.....Does anyone want to know about my BFP trip? Here goes.............it has chips...lots of them. It has the grubbiest neck I've ever seen....but I scraped my thumb through it and it is just that....grubby sweat. The Floyd...well don't quite know what's going on here......it has five (count 'em....5!!!) springs in the back, but somehow the trem is in the depressed position as far as it will go....oh...and the trem-arm is left-handed.

I LOVE IT! I have haggled him down a couple of hundred notes - but god knows how I'm gonna find the cash.

The neck on the MM is like a baseball bat, almost F3nd3r Scrapocaster like - that's the only thing I dislike about it....I love almost flat necks.

....somehow the BFP must be mine

Tags
steve morse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what happens when people get nervous
how nervous do u get?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode