NEW 77FP on its way? - too good to be true? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

NEW 77FP on its way? - too good to be true?

I saw a used 77FP hanging in the shop the other day. *It was beautiful - I could take my eyes off it. *I stared at it and imagined the wonders it held for my clumsy fingers. *I flashed back many years when I would pour over Jem ads, lusting for the magical chunks of wood and metal painted in mind blowing ways. *I wished then that I had the wherewithall to get such a machine.

The trip was short lived. I was a bit dismayed by the price - $1300! *They would only come down to $1200. *It wasn't prisine either. *Perhaps they thought they were selling oxygen. *They were genuinely surpised they had it for a while. *I was a bit tempted, but decided against it.

After that I checked Jemsite! *Whew! Am I glad! *I found that used ones are around $800-$975. *So i started looking at the ads....

Then I found a store that advertised NEW Y2K 77FPs. *They said that they (Ibanez)found new bodies (???) and decided to do a small run of 25! The store had almost all of their allotment (somehow the lions share of the 25) spoken for when they arrive next week, but I got in under the wire and got my name on the list (one of the last two). *

The best part is that the price with case is around that of the first used one that I saw!

Does anyone have any knowledge of these 25 guitars?

Is this too good to be true? Man I feel like a giddy schoolgirl. *I can't wait. *It seems as though something will botch this up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2001, 04:02 PM

Reviews: 2
NEW 77FP on its way?

Wow. Thats incredible if its all legit but the story sounds a bit sketchy. I mean how big is ibanez to have just randomly "found" 25 old FP bodies lying around. Keep us posted on what u decide to do. What are they asking by the way.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2001, 04:37 PM

NEW 77FP on its way?

If you take a look at Rich's Ibanez Rules site, you'll see that there are some brand new FP's on there way here. *So it's possible some of them are making their way to that store.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2001, 08:32 PM

NEW 77FP on its way?

i thought 77fp were still available new in Japan... they are on www.ibanez.co.jp anyway... but i'm not sure...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 08:14 PM

NEW 77FP on its way?

holy crap so are BSB's
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 11:15 PM

NEW 77FP on its way?

I don't think it is hard to believe that a "company as big as Ibanez" could just happen to find FP's sitting around. *I can't tell you how many times I have reached into a coat pocket and found a $20 bill in there. (especially if the coat pocket wasn't mine! )

The FPs are available overseas, and maybe they are importing them to get them sold. *It may also be a nice bit of hype (word of the day) to get rid of a few of them.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 12:37 AM

NEW 77FP on its way?

Quite a few FPs and BSBs here in Singapore, and they are all 2k models.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 02:01 AM

Reviews: 2
NEW 77FP on its way?

Wow thats awesome, the Fp's and the BSBs are a couple of nice guitars. To have the possibility of getting a new one kicks ass.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 06:16 PM

NEW 77FP on its way?

I got my brand new FP last month here in England.
Not sure if it's a 2000 model, but it was one of the last on sale in the UK(I rang a lot of dealers). It's the best guitar I've ever played. Paid 1569 though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode