New Black Pia - Page 4 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 05:30 PM

Re: New Black Pia

I didn't realize this was flat black when I first saw it. That's a shame because if you actually play this thing it will quickly look bad, just like every RGD2127 out there. I really wish the fad of flat finishes would go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 05:36 PM
Vendor

I'm with you. I've hated flats since the P4's. But for some reason people keep buying them. I'd take a gloss anyday, but it is a very different look in flat.
Rich is online  
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The rounded edges alone make it so much more ergonomic than the RG/JEM was, the neck is a bit more c shaped which is always a plus for me. And the grip, honestly, how many people actually carried the guitar around by the grip and let the headstock smack into anything in the way? You carry a guitar close to you, I always hang it holding it by the neck at the nut. You can hold it by the pedals if you're so inclined but the fact that they're relieved into the top is cool. Feminine, that's an argument for anybody that thinks a Shocking Pink guitar is in some way masculine. Although I have heard somebody say real men play pink guitars. Black flat, feminine? I don't see it.

Enjoy you EVG! Don't wait the 30 years for it to be worth 5 times more.
Thanks Rich, i can hear you and will follow your advice, we are not getting younger (-:. Can you enlighten me about the serial numbers ? Mine has F2021661, F=FGN, 20=2020, but the Rest ?

Cheers
Wolfgang
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 06:06 PM
Vendor

I've never understood why people want to know this!

3000/month starting in November.
0-3000 - November
3001 - 6000 - December
extrapolate.
They make less than 3000 guitars/month, there's no way to tell exactly. Back when they used 5000/month as the serial basis.
aesthyrian likes this.
Rich is online  
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-03-2021, 06:09 PM

Thanks ! It's only nice to know, not that important,
Cheers !
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-05-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I've never understood why people want to know this!

3000/month starting in November.
0-3000 - November
3001 - 6000 - December
extrapolate.
They make less than 3000 guitars/month, there's no way to tell exactly. Back when they used 5000/month as the serial basis.
I looked into this once. The numbers per month were greater than 3000 from at least 1991 through early 2000's. The highest number I saw was F9958248. It makes sense if you think about it. When 7's became popular in the 90's and Ibanez was basically the only game in town, they were probably just cranking stuff out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode