New edge bridge? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

New edge bridge?

Saw this on **** today, anyone have any information? It says its the new 2010 jem with an edge bridge on it. Sure looks like an old original edge to me.. but I'm not an expert.

http://cgi.****.com/NEW-for-2010-Iba...item2ea9e707ac

If this is for real then I am very excited!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:06 PM

Re: New edge bridge?

I think its legit. I saw this on the What will the new 2010 Jem be thread so check that out.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:08 PM

Reviews: 23

While I am not entirely sure, it does seem that the bridge is an Original Edge. Additionally, it doesn't seem to have the "Licensed Under Floyd Rose Patents" stamp on the whale tail which may indicate that it is a new production bridge. You may have found something here...
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:11 PM

strange.......but i think it isnt that bad.....i like it a lot...i had hoped for a neon with gold hardware and perloild pickguard......maybe a litle a bad taste...but i like it a lot....i have seen a pmc with gold hardware once....
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:13 PM

i want that tool kit! i have never seen the old tool kid for sale and i want it really bad!...
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

There was a lot of activity about it in the thread Jeminizer mentioned yesterday. I'm inclined to agree it looks legitimate.

I'm so excited... I've had an old RG520 that I've kept since 1995 or so because I like the bridge so much on it. If they're bringing the original edge back I'm gonna have a stack of guitars for sale.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 07:18 AM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianxtr View Post
strange.......but i think it isnt that bad.....i like it a lot...i had hoped for a neon with gold hardware and perloild pickguard......maybe a litle a bad taste...but i like it a lot....i have seen a pmc with gold hardware once....
This isn't what is going to be one of the "new" jems, the old ones are still going to be there just updated with Edge (Or Lo Pro for the UV) and yes it is legit, the seller, if it's the same one that I saw the other day, is a highly rated seller and sells many high end Ibbys and such. And why is it strange, it's the same as 7vwhs have been for years.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:46 PM

Production of the Edge-Pro is finished. There's no more prestige RGs with the EP in 2010, everything that was EP has switched to EZ.

Changing sig models like the Jem or JS to Edge-Zero wasnt feasible as its a step too far away from what Vai and Satch are playing. They could have continued a small production run of Edge-Pro, but if you are doing a small production run, you might as well just go ahead and give people what they want
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Vendor

The EP is discontinued. They cannot put the EZ on the signature models unless the artists approve. Fat chance. They're both using Edge's, it only makes sense to make that the stock bridge.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 01:38 AM

Rich, any chance they go to all Edge across the prestige/artist line?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Vendor

Only the artists that have enough power will get them, I think you know who they are. The rest will get the EZ that Japan is so in love with.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 03:06 AM

So rich fill us in on why they stopped production of the EP.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 06:14 AM

Reviews: 21

I still haven't played an EZ, but honestly it makes me a bit skeptical. If the EZ is so great, why won't Steve and Joe put them on their guitars? I know I'm a buzz kill breaking it down to dollars and cents, but it doesn't look good for EZ from a marketing standpoint! They would have been better off putting Original Edge back on many Prestige guitars, unless EZ is truly cheaper to make.
I also wonder if EZ's design makes Joe and Steve shy away. Their guitar techs would need to adjust to the new trem, right? And you can't be d***ing around with a guitar backstage if Steve Vai is on stage and waiting for you to hand him his axe.
Interesting stuff.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I still haven't played an EZ, but honestly it makes me a bit skeptical. If the EZ is so great, why won't Steve and Joe put them on their guitars? I know I'm a buzz kill breaking it down to dollars and cents, but it doesn't look good for EZ from a marketing standpoint! They would have been better off putting Original Edge back on many Prestige guitars, unless EZ is truly cheaper to make.
I also wonder if EZ's design makes Joe and Steve shy away. Their guitar techs would need to adjust to the new trem, right? And you can't be d***ing around with a guitar backstage if Steve Vai is on stage and waiting for you to hand him his axe.
Interesting stuff.
well, apparently japan are "in love" with the EZ, according to ibanez. it's also chinese-made apparently which costs less than gotoh made stuff. satch and vai obviously aren't gonna just stop using the trems they've been using since 1986 to the EZ.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 07:57 AM

Reviews: 21

It could also very well be personal preference. Maybe Joe and Steve just don't like EZ, regardless if it is a good trem.
An interesting question. I'd like to hear Joe and Steve's real opinion on the EZ.

Tags
new edge bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode