New Family Member in Progress - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

New Family Member in Progress

Might as well keep the hate mail coming as well as inpsire additional burglars to ensure that my alarm fees are well spent.

Anyway, I think about a year ago I started a project so here's how it looks today. The body was done in mahogany by Eddie at EKG (sweet job), the neck by Jeremy at LGM (the best vine inlay and fretwork I've seen) and 'Body by Darren' at ATD (I'll let the pics speak for themselves, but I'm beside myself). I'll post the back pics when Darren gets a chance to send them. By the way, if anyone wants to photoshop these to show a finished product, go for it.

The neck:

The body:

Finally, many thanks to Glen for his advice on building a custom. I haven't built, setup for played it yet, but this is already a cool experience.
[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 10:51 PM

YOWZA! I remember seeing the neck ages ago, now i understand the full madness of it! That's one INSANE SWIRL!

How many colours in that thing?
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 11:02 PM

Very cool, indeed!

(Jeremy, is the blue in the neck blue paua, or something else?)
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 11:19 PM

INteresting routing is that a custom body? or is it routed for an edge pro? The tremolo route seems quite a bit different than what i think im use to seeing correct me if im wrong. Anyway i love the color scheme, and the inlay looks fabulous. What hardware are you going with? Maybe a unique pickup combo like a steves special a blue velvet, and a humbucker from hell?
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 02:03 AM

A very cool swirl. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 03:37 AM

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

André

PS. Everytime I see work from Jeremy I'm getting more and more excited to be getting my guitar from him.

post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
How many colours in that thing?
Six colors inlcuding black, two blues, green, red and purple.

Quote:
INteresting routing is that a custom body? or is it routed for an edge pro?
Yep it's a custom body from EKG (see banner above) and yes it's routed for a lo pro. Not sure what doesn't look right to you, but I checked other custom bodies that are lo pro routed on www.abouttimedesigns.com and it looks perfect.

Quote:
now i understand the full madness of it!
There is a 'touch of madness' in that axe isn't there?
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 11:07 AM

Well let me rephrase that it looks right, but the shape is more of what i would see i think on Edge pro *as in the new trem* route, but im not completely sure. IT looks good and fine. Actually maybe even better it has a more suttle curve instead of the squarish route on my original edge equipped guitars
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 12:07 PM

WOW THAT SWIRL IS PHAT It looks like a cartoon form the mid-early ninetys got swirled. Very very admirable, mang. Play 'er with all you've got!
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 12:21 PM

I'm not very good at this, but....

pretty sweet - what color pickups?\

~K
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Sniper from Mars, thanks for the clarification...I was panicking that I had the wrong hardware waiting for that baby.

Kenny D, you are the man. That's good enough to give an idea of how she'll look. I just haven't bought Photoshop yet.

As far as the pups, I'm looking for advice. I have two votes for red so far. Personally I was thinking about the hums being split colors like the DNA. I was thinking light blue and dark blue. Maybe purple for the middle. But I'm still looking for advice on it.

JC
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 01:28 PM

Looks awesome!!! but i would have prefered an EBONY neck or a Maple one!
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 02:30 PM

I'm not sure they make dark blue...
I'd go with a purple/blue slpit like on rob balducci's guitar - maybe the opposite color in the middle.

~K
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 02:34 PM

No hate mail here John, LOVE the colors.......Wanna trade
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 04:11 PM

I think blue and black would keep it from being too busy and improve the look of the swirl, while emphasizing the hardware at the same time

Tags
bridge pickup , darren wilson , ebony neck , equipped guitar , pickup cavity , pickup combo , rob balducci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode