New guitar - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

New guitar

Hey

Moderators, didn't fins a better place for this topic, feel free to move it!

I currently own a JS10th and a Ibanez Blazer. The blazer isn't much in use, so I'm thinking of getting a new guitar. Any ideas? I really love the 10th, so I'm not gonna sell it!
What guitars should I test? I mostly play rock, so I'd prefer if it have at least one humbucker. A JEM is not wanted.

O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 01:51 PM

Try a rg3120,a very versatile guitar.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 01:53 PM

What's your budget? Are you looking for new or used guitars? Other than wanting at least one humbucker, what other criteria are important to you?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
What's your budget? Are you looking for new or used guitars? Other than wanting at least one humbucker, what other criteria are important to you?
Well, everything up to between 500-1500$, less or more. Suggestions in both ends of that pricerange is wanted. Don't really care, I need a new guitar I've been hit by an extrememly powerful form of GAS!
My criterias? One or more 'bucker. I don't think I want another guitar with the normal "strat" body.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2002, 09:47 PM

get a telecaster Maybe check out another guitar company...or a guitar with singles in it for blues and stuff...like....a radius? or...build a guitar? try an experiment and build yourself a body and see how it goes....might come out ok.....
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVampire
try an experiment and build yourself a body and see how it goes
Yeah, just got out of bed now, and I've been thinking of the idea of building a body, all night! Maybe I'll try that! ans get a neck with like, 28-30 frets
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 01:29 PM

Want to play a fun guitar? Try a Malmsteen strat. Scalloped necks are awesome to use if you like crazy, effortless vibrato and the like. If I could change one thing about my new 7VWH it would be to scallop the neck ( which would destroy the awesome inlay ) I know you said humbucker, but the YJM DiMarzio pickups in the Malmsteen model really scream. Plus, you can get one for like $1200.00 new which isn't bad, or hell find a used one. Really slick guitars. Traditional strat "feel", but with nasty bite and that awesome neck.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 05:13 PM

They don't manufacture the YJM strats anymore do they?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 05:16 PM
EKG

Fender's site still has it listed.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 06:25 PM

They are still made. I think they are made in Japan now though. Mine is USA. ( not that it matters, just stating a fact )

Tags
darren wilson , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , malmsteen strat , scalloped neck , yjm strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode