THE NEW JEM - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

THE NEW JEM

Is there a new JEM coming out sometime?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 12:42 PM

THE NEW JEM

I sure hope so!

Summer NAMM starts today, 20th July, hopefully Ibanez will unveil something new! I'm really, still, hoping for a UV10th. But I find it very unlikely that they'll release anything of a high end...with all the new stuff that was out "recently", the new string of J customs, K7 models, and the Y2k models.

Chris.
post #3 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 02:28 PM

THE NEW JEM

Vai played the new Jem last night in Raleigh. It had a blue body and headstock, white pearloid pickguard (like the 7v) white knobs, and black hardware. It had the blue vine on a rosewood fingerboard and of course teh lions claw and monkey grip. It was awesome looking!
post #4 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 03:30 PM

THE NEW JEM

Damn! *Looks like I better start saving my money. *That sounds awesome. *Maybe Rich will work out a huge group purchase. *;-)

I was hoping it would have dots or screwheads on the fretboard, that way I wouldn't want one. *A JEM without cool inlays is like a day without sunshine.

=8')
post #5 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 03:50 PM

THE NEW JEM

Any pics?
Out,
GP
post #6 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 04:09 PM

THE NEW JEM

nope, sorry no pics. The guy next to me had a digital camera and took like a 100 picutures of just Vai. I'm regretting not having one. It was definitely sweet though. That is, if this is the new Jem that will debut at summer Namm.
post #7 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 05:10 PM

THE NEW JEM

Did Vai just use this guitar during one song or for most of the set?

Anyone here going to NAMM? Please take lots of pics and tell us all about the new JEM (if there is one).
post #8 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 05:15 PM

Reviews: 5
THE NEW JEM

WOW! cool
post #9 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 05:39 PM

THE NEW JEM

hmmm

I am just in the middle of customising a jem, maybe I shall wait a little and I might be able to make mine very up to date...

looking forward to the NAMM pics now

Cheers

Simon
post #10 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 05:40 PM

THE NEW JEM

that'll be kewl, but personally I was hoping for the purple and gold one, oh well, maybe next year.
Jeremy
post #11 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 06:20 PM

THE NEW JEM

I hope they coat it with that satin finish they're putting on some of the '01 models. *

It's badass...and no risk of cracking clearcoat.

~Kenny
post #12 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 08:27 PM

THE NEW JEM

If it had a maple fretboard I'd want one for sure *Hey, maybe they'll offer it with your choice of maple or rosewood boards :cheesy: *

...but that group purchase idea sounds kinda interesting... just seems like one of those things that makes you go "Hmmmm"....:donnie:
post #13 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 12:46 AM

THE NEW JEM

I just got back form G3 in Atlanta, I was right up front against the safety rail.

Here's a good representation of what I saw, notice that it does not have a perloid pickguard. *The blue had the slightest sparkle to it, might have just been the lighting.

Here's a note, Steve used Flo, Flo II, & the new Jem exclusively, no Evo. *Did it finally take a dirt nap?

And another thing, Dave W's new guitar looks and sounds awesome in person. *(Thanks for signing my strap Dave)

(Edited by BloodySwirl at 12:53 am on July 20, 2001)
post #14 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 01:22 AM

THE NEW JEM

That's looks just like it. Only in Raleigh I could almost swear it was a pearloid pickguard, I was right up front against the rail too. Maybe I did just misinterpret because of lighting though. and yeah, it did sparkle quite a bit in raleigh too.
post #15 of 171 (permalink) Old 07-20-2001, 04:27 AM

THE NEW JEM

Very good news, but a pic a pic! Gosh I bet we're all dying to see a pic...a small glimpse of the new jem!

You guys are REALLY lucky to catch G3, yet alone Steve Vai!

Chris.

Tags
abalone vine , black pickguard , blues jam , chrome hardware , clear coat , custom jem , custom shop , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony board , ebony fretboard , eric clapton , ernie ball , fender strat , fender stratocaster , guitar mag , ibanez jem , ibanez trem , ibanez tremolo , jem custom , jem neck , les paul , les paul studio , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip , neck inlay , paf pro , pearloid pickguard , peavey wolfgang , piezo bridge , production model , prs mccarty , rosewood board , rosewood boards , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , signature guitar , steve vai , thicker necks , trem block , tuning system , van halen , white pearloid pickguard , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode