New JEM and a headache - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

New JEM and a headache

I bet a lot of you guys can relate to this.

I've been looking for the perfect white JEM for years.
I wanted one 2003 or older in good condition with a nice piece of wood for the neck.
After 15 years of looking I found one that I had to have. They guy told me he has a FedEx connection so he was going to FedEx the guitar over night from Canada. He did, but it still is not here. I should of had it Tuesday. First the FedEx plane that was going to bring it to the USA broke down and was delayed a day. It got held up in customs for a few days and a few other places too. Now it is in Orlando FL, 45 min from my house in Melbourne FL. Today is Friday and I don't think it will be on a truck for delivery today. With the weekend coming I'll have to wait until Monday to get it! God, I hate waiting for guitars in the mail! I though over night meant over night. It is torture!

On top of that I ordered some pickups for my RG770DX Blue and I wanted a white Air Norton 7 for my white UV too but the guy said it would be a few weeks before Dimarzio would have them. I just put the order in without the Air Norton 7. The next day after he mailed them out, guess what showed up in his mailbox? The white Air Norton's! I'm just being tortured by guitars this week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 07:04 AM

Re: New JEM and a headache

I spent the last bit of money i had on a new guitar lead, 5 mins in to playing my jem high e string breaks I lost my job and have no money for strings... I feel your pain good sir.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 07:05 AM

Reviews: 6

soon enough the page will turn, you'll be able to rock with your JEM!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 07:18 AM

I just got a 1993 made.. you will not be disappointed
Mine comes from japan, using fedex too but I had to wait only 5 days to get the beauty.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Sorry to hear about you job and the high e
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

I got it!!!
Check my other thread
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_SA View Post
I spent the last bit of money i had on a new guitar lead, 5 mins in to playing my jem high e string breaks I lost my job and have no money for strings... I feel your pain good sir.
Sorry to hear that, I been there, just plz don't sale any of your guitars ya will have hell finding another replacement and pay twice what ya sold it for while in desperation. I could kill me for Selling USA Washburn 1990 model thst was biggest thing my mom ever baught me before she died, I had it
Since new, I was 12 kept it til I was 29 and lost it to a pawn shop. It wasn't the greatest guitar just a KC-80 or something like that. One with the true original Floyd . Was first pro guitar I owned. I have honestly cried over thst thing many times. And still can't find it. He sold it locally I found thst guy but he had got it for his Son which lived in Ohio.still compulsive look at every Washburn for sale add I see. Not saying of course that you were going to ya didn't even mention but , it scared me and first thing I think of when someone say I lost my job. I had a newborn baby at time too, but looking back I could've managed other ways. Live and learn
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 05:48 PM

Reviews: 25

Geeze Sebastian you live such a tortured life... having to wait for a guitar must be real hard on you and your family :P
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Geeze Sebastian you live such a tortured life... having to wait for a guitar must be real hard on you and your family :P
Have you guys heard of White People Problems over in Australia? Here's an example:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 08:25 PM

Reviews: 25

image not showing ?? and im not white...

Tags
jem fedex shipping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode