New Member...New future JEM buyer (7VWH) - hey, I'm new and - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

New Member...New future JEM buyer (7VWH) - hey, I'm new and

hey everyone.

I'm new to this forum here. *Just a little background info on me if any of you are interested.I'm 20 and currently my gear setup is an ESP George Lynch guitar (sunburst tiger model), into a boss ds-1 into a Marshall JCM2000 DSL. *Sometimes I play with effects but for the most part it's just a pretty direct sound. *I'm really into the hair band stuff and I'm currently in a 80s rock cover band, we cover everything from my favorite Dokken, to Ratt, Bon Jovi, Winger and more) Yes, I passionately play "Headed for a Heartbreak" about once each week, sad I know, but fun.

Anyway, I'm in the market for a new guitar. I have been writing a lot of instrumental guitar stuff and I want something different to record these songs with. *My ESP is the perfect guitar in my opinion for covering glam rock songs. *But, it is maple bodied which makes it a little too bright and sharp for my tastes when recording instrumentals. *I like the even sound of an alder body and I really would like a 24 fret neck just in case I need to go up that high. *So, after a good bit of research I decided that the JEM7VWH would be the best guitar for me.

A side note, I'm not a huge Vai fan. My instrumental stuff is mainly neoclassical, Yngwie is my hero but I dont really like the feel or sound of Str*ts too much. I love Vai's work in Alcatrazz and David Lee Roth band and even Whitesnake. However I'm not really into the Vai instrumentals, (ducking from the flames). *I just think that Vai's guitar is perfect for instrumental recording, the neck and whammy bar systems are both better than those found on my ESP. *So, hi to all the fellow JEM fans and neoclassical fans out there and hopefully we'll all the guitars we are looking for really soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 10:29 AM

New Member...New future JEM buyer (7VWH)

Well, you made the right choice in my opinion.....the VWH is by far the best guitar I have ever played. *Kudos to your decision! *And welcome to the club!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 11:45 AM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your decision.

No need to duck from flames. It is good thing that people have different tastes in music.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 11:57 AM

it's good to know that a 20 years old likes Dokken, Ratt & Co.!
you also have a pretty nice rig, ESP 'tiger' Lynch, DS-1, Marshall... pretty nice!

welcome to the family, dude! enjoy it!
nuno

ps: oh, good choice, of course!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 01:26 PM

VWH are stunning guitars, no doubt 'bout that! but; have you tried other JEM guitars? A friend of mine bought the VWH, and when i got to try it, I loved it! Then, a couple of weeks later, I had the opportunity to try a DBK, and that just blew me away! *The neck are quite different, so I'd advice you to try them both (all :biggrinBut, you said you've done some research, so you've probably done it already, and if you go for the VWH, you'll not be disapointed!!! It's a great guitar!
By the way, welcome to the forum,!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2002, 10:43 AM

I've recorded a bunch of instrumental stuff with my Jem77BFP and my similarly equipped (pickup-wise)UV. *Both have EVO bridge and PAF neck pickups.

If you want to hear some stuff, here it is.

http://www.invisibleband.com/kennydoe2.mp3
http://www.invisibleband.com/ctp1.mp3

~Kenny
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-02-2002, 10:56 AM

ESP M-II.
That would be the guitar that would be the match for your style of playing.
Big heavy glam sound, and that twangy Malmsteen single coil neck sound.

J>:thumbsup:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 01:06 AM
rvj

Welcome to the club. The 7VWH is a fantastic guitar, you won't be disappointed. It's nice to hear others like the 80's too. I play a lot of 70's and 80's rock on my 7VWH, and it just screams! --rvj

Tags
alder body , david lee roth , evo bridge , fret neck , neck pickup , neck pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode