New Swirls PICS!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

New Swirls PICS!!

Here are my 3 projects from Herc. Plan to finish all three by the end of 2010. I took a beat to hell DY & had it swirled in PAW colors, Warmoth Strat in PMC & a Warmoth Tele in PMC. I like all of the swirls, and they should like nice hanging next to the DNA & ATD aftermarket swirl. These aren't clear coated yet in the pics, so they will shine up quite a bit more. Herc did some fine work, not ATD fine, but good enough for me! Time to get the soldering iron out!! My least favorite part.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 04:59 PM

Re: New Swirls PICS!!

Those are KICKASS! Strat really looks nice. WOW!!!
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 05:02 PM

Reviews: 1

I don't really care for swirls but I sure like those. Congrats.
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 05:10 PM

awesome! i love them
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 05:32 PM

Reviews: 18

Those look amazing!
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 06:05 PM

I agree. They are ace. Particularly the strat. They equal pretty much any swirl I've seen.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 06:49 PM

Friggin amazing! Great job.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 PM

Reviews: 6

looks good!
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:08 PM

Yeah, I'm usually not a big fan of Herc's swirls because they're almost always too zig-zagged and angular. Looks like he's getting aways from that a little, because these are pretty awesome! I especially like the colors on that Strat, but the JEM is a close second.

Congrats on a killer trio!
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 08:37 PM

Swirls aren't my thing but mmmmm...I'd have to change my mind if I could have an RG swirled exactly like that tele.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:31 PM

Reviews: 39

Man, those are hot hot hot. Fede does the coolest swirls, imho. Some may say he's "predictable" but that's kinda what I like about him. Very obviously his work. Same for ATD; the color mix and pattern.

For not being clear coated, those still look awesome! Post some after-clear shots!
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicProvocateur View Post
Man, those are hot hot hot. Fede does the coolest swirls, imho. Some may say he's "predictable" but that's kinda what I like about him. Very obviously his work. Same for ATD; the color mix and pattern.

For not being clear coated, those still look awesome! Post some after-clear shots!
Well as that was a clear shot at me, I'll have to respond. He is predictable. As soon as I opened up the thread and saw these were Herc swirls, I knew I was going to see the obligatory pink, green, purple and yellow colors. Hence the predictability. Granted the buyer wanted these colors but they are what Herc mainly uses. I didn't say he was predictable to pile on, just that his swirls in my opinion are predictable. Meaning: he doesn't change them up much. They're cool but predictable.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I'm just pleased that Herc is feeling up to doing swirls again

And when they turn out like these ones...
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 02:14 PM

Swirled777 - Do you think maybe his choice of colors is predictable only because most of his customers specifically request the usual early 90s swirl colors? I just wish his swirls were either more chaotic or that his 'zigzags' were more curvy and 's' shaped.

Either way, these are pretty cool.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcord View Post
Swirled777 - Do you think maybe his choice of colors is predictable only because most of his customers specifically request the usual early 90s swirl colors? I just wish his swirls were either more chaotic or that his 'zigzags' were more curvy and 's' shaped.

Either way, these are pretty cool.
Well I think it has to do with his color usage but I didn't want to point out the fact that I don't care for how he swirls. But since you opened that can HAHA I'll throw my .02 cents. Yeah my issue's are about the same as yours, I just feel that his swirls are "predictable"

Tags
herc fede , paw , pmc , swirl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode