A new swirly plaything! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

A new swirly plaything!

Well...I made the decision to sell my minty '91 UV77MC because it was TOO mint. I found that it was really hampering my desire to take it to gigs-I just couldn't bear the thought of dinging it or making it less-than-mint! In the meantime, a really cool UVMC came across everybody's favorite auction site. I loved the swirl, and it already had a ding, so it was "broken in". But...there was no way I could think of buying it without having sold mine first. Thus, the auction ended and that was that. But, I decided just for the fun of it to e-mail the winning bidder, since he was also bidding on MY UVMC. Anyway, to make a long story short...I made an off-the-cuff trade offer for another guitar I had, and the guy accepted! He drove up from Cheyanne this weekend and we did the deal. I couldn't be happier! I've not got a KILLER ATD UV77MC that I can actually play without worrying about it! Of course...it's only got ONE ding on it, and some wear on the neck plate. Other than that, it's as clean as can be!

http://members.aol.com/vaijem777/UVMC2front.jpg

http://members.aol.com/vaijem777/UVMC2back.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 03:42 PM

I hate you, I wanted that MC soooooooooooooooooooo bad, and it sold soooooooooooooooo cheap on evilbay. that is the most kickass swirl I can remember seeing!!!!!!!

Congrats, but you realize, we're not friends anymore LOL!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Vendor

If I hadn't fallen asleep ya'all could have been hating me instead
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 03:52 PM

You mean to tell me you traded you're mint UVMC for a not as mint UVMC? Call me stupid but i dont think that is a very good idea. unless the not so mint guitar had a better swirl.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Congrats on finding a swirl that you want to gig with
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Ummm...nope. Never said I traded the mint UV77MC. I've still got it (I've clarified in my first post as well.)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 04:07 PM
EKG

Looks good!! That is an odd coloring in there towards the bottom....none the less...gorgeous!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 05:10 PM

Game on!!

Nice swirl Chris!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, all! The odd spot towards the bottom is part of what drew me to the guitar. It's not something that I've seen on another UV77MC (though I'm sure Rich has!). It almost reminds me of the "lizard" effect that is on my DNA, but in opposite! The "lizard" is kind of white "webbing" or "scales" in the black background, but this one is black "webbing" on the white-gray background. Definitely unique!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 07:13 PM

I am really kicking myself for not being quicker to the auction site......that is a beautiful swirl....it will keep me awake tonight, taunting me in my sleep....congrats.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 10:19 AM

Very cool Chris What did you let go for it???

Tags
neck plate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode