New Universe picture on www.vai.com - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

New Universe picture on www.vai.com

Hey everybody did you see the new updates on www.vai.com ?
The new picture shows Steve holding one of his old Black seven strings. You know the one everybody seems to love to hate the black one with the green dot inlays. It makes me happy to see him with one again because so many of you seem to hate it so much. I have one and love it and always thought the green dots were cool and I was getting kind of sick of hearing everybody hack on it all the time. So now that Vai is playing one again is it good enough for any of you???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 01:19 AM

Can you post a link to the photo?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 01:49 AM

vai.com page

I hope I'm allowed to do that, if not, mod's feel free to delete the pic.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 03:25 AM

Great... A lot of "souvenirs" from the early days... the "paw" days!!!
JS
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 05:28 AM

Don't forget, Evo is just behind him, waiting to be picked up and strummed..
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 09:33 AM

I thought "evo" was retired!!!
JS
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globbits
Don't forget, Evo is just behind him, waiting to be picked up and strummed..
Yep, that's EVO alright, sporting her new white headstock neck. Back behind Steve on the chair you'll notice FLO. Looks like he's been playing that more since it's just sitting on the chair and not in a stand.

When EVO falls apart like the 'Bluesmobile' does at the end of The Blues Brothers, then I think he'll retire it!

It's good to see some old axes being used in the studio. Hope he brings them on tour!

Gabe
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 11:28 AM

Steves UV

Right on! When I saw that pic this morning,, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling..... Kind of hoping that maybe Steve was inspired by Satch's
"mindstorm" and "7 string" songs. I saw Joe here in SanDiego at Humpreys on the bay,,, and man he just had so much fun playing his 7 string...... I was so inspired that I didn't touch my white jem for 6 weeks, I just played the old UV777GR non stop! Maybe Steve was inspired as well and thought now might be a good time to break out the old UV's again.

~A
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 12:08 AM

Well, if the new CD is going in the direction that Steve has mentioned ("It will be heavy on groove, melody and percussion"), picking up those old Universes may do the trick.
I could have said "dusting off those old Universes", but with the frequencies Steve is pushing out with those, the dust-off is probably pretty automatic...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 08:35 PM

Reviews: 30
I saw a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel when I heard Joe was toying around with some 7's a while back and found hope that one day, Steve would pick his back up again. And man, am I glad that day has finally came . Makes me feel like I might have a market to shop in again here soon for 7-string stuff. It could spur a whole new flow of good things.

Tags
dot inlay , dot inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode