NEW UNIVERSE UV7BK - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

NEW UNIVERSE UV7BK

Just got a UV7BK and I have got some questions, hopefully you guys can help me out.

1. The neck plate doesnt have anything but the serial... no "made in Japan" or "Ibanez"... and its black.

2. How many springs do JEMs come stock with normally?

3. the case is a little busted up... when i hold the handle with the guitar in it, the whole side that the handle is on pops out and you can basically see some of the guitar. The side the handle is attached to, is apart from the padding on the inside... how can I reattach this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: NEW UNIVERSE UV7BK

Congrats on the new 7.

Neckplate should be OK - serial on back of headstock?
3 springs on the trem if I'm not mistaken.
I would get a new case and not mess with oyur investment.
Rich should have one over at Ibanez Rules....

~j
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 AM

About the serial: It is normal and probably starts with 256... A 1996 guitar if I am not mistaken. I don't think it should have a serial behind the headstock
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 12:35 PM

Reviews: 4

I recently got a 1990 UV7BK. On mine, the neck plate says Ibanez Universe and the serial beginning in F90. No serial on headstock. Fantastic, perfect, KILLER guitar!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 12:05 PM

Depends, somne people have replaced the neckplates, could also be one of the last few made, and hence not have the UV plate.

In any case, i wouldn't worry too much and just enjoy a great guitar!

Spring wise 3 normally, although with the gauge strings i use I have to put 4 springs in mine

Also, try raising the pole pieces in the neck pickup out of the pickup by 1mm on the 4 bass strings (8 pole pieces total) makes the blaze bridge cooler
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 12:22 PM

Changing the pole pieces height on the NECK pickup makes the BRIDGE one cooler? How?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode