New UV arrived today, - damn I love these things!!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

New UV arrived today, - damn I love these things!!!!

Well, today the big brown UPS truck (god I hate those *******s) showed up at the door with my new (to me anyway) UV777GR. *I got it in a trade from Xing Cztarre here on Jemsite (I think I spelled that wrong). *I traded my UV777BK for it, I never ever played the BK, so I've been looking for a trade for a GR for a long time. * So, today the UPS man drops it off and says, theres some charges on here for customs and such, I'm like, yeah, ok,how much, "$350.46" *HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, HOW F&CKING MUCH?????? *"$350.46" *geezuz *So, take out the poor old credit card again. *
Anyway, the guitar is very very clean, one small small ding, that took me quite a while to find, and one small scratch and the typical pickguard scratches, little neck plate corrosion and trem bubbling, but otherwise, the fretboard is very clean, and the rest looks minty. *I'll get some pics of it up very soon, just letting it warm up now LOL. *
Anyway's, thanx Dave, let me know as soon as the BK arrives!

Jeremy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 07:18 PM

New UV arrived today,

$350.46!!??!!??!!? And no lube?!?!!??!?!?!? DAMN!!!!! :angryfire:

Congrats on the new guitar, dude!!!!! I love the GR's
:thumbsup:

Alden : )
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 07:22 PM

New UV arrived today,

CONGRATS DUDE!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

well... except for the customs bill

i'm glad UPS didn't use the beaut for a freakin snowboard or something, who knows what the hell they'll do... believe me, i tried workin for em for about a week for a student job... it was hell, as expected :sarcasm:

play the hell out of that rockin axe!!! :biggrin:

-Pryde
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 07:35 PM

New UV arrived today,

You're welcome, Jeremy. I insured it for a value of $1300, maybe that had something to do with the customs charge, I don't know. I just wanted to make sure if it got damaged you got you're money's worth out of it. Take good care of my baby *sniff*!
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

New UV arrived today,

The taxes were expected, I was expecting around a $1200 value, so it was a little more, that wasn't so bad, I was figureing on about $250, but the bastards nailed me $66 for a bloody broker fee. *You want a real kill? *When I tracked it on UPS's website, when it reached canada, here is what they said

Jan 14, 2002 * 5:23 P.M. * WINNIPEG HUB, MB, CA * LOCATION SCAN
* *5:12 P.M. * WINNIPEG HUB, MB, CA * HUB SCAN
* *5:07 P.M. * WINNIPEG HUB, MB, CA * IMPORT SCAN
* *2:44 P.M. * WINNIPEG GROUND, MB, CA * RECEIVER REQ. CLEARANCE BY OTHER BROKER;BROKERAGE RELEASED. WAITING FOR CUSTOMS
* *2:44 P.M. * WINNIPEG GROUND, MB, CA * RECEIVER REQ. CLEARANCE BY OTHER BROKER;BROKERAGE RELEASED. WAITING FOR CUSTOMS
* *12:01 P.M. * CANADA BROKERAGE, NB, CA * POWER OF ATTORNEY REQUIRED;BROKER ASSIGNED, RELEASED FOR DELIVERY
* *9:48 A.M. * WINNIPEG GROUND, MB, CA * RECEIVER REQ. CLEARANCE BY OTHER BROKER
* *9:48 A.M. * WINNIPEG GROUND, MB, CA * RECEIVER REQ. CLEARANCE BY OTHER BROKER

Power of attorney required???? WTF? it's a guitar, not a bloody nuclear warhead for god sakes! *I wonder if it went through enough red tape???? Then, they never even opened it, there was no opened buy canada customs sticker on it. *I'll never ever understand these guys, never!

(Edited by littlegreenman at 7:43 pm on Jan. 16, 2002)
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 07:43 PM

New UV arrived today,

Congrats! You've gotta love the green! :biggrin: *The guy in the big brown truck dropped of my Wayne Green Meanie today....no suprise charges, though....$350.46, ouch! :doh:

Enjoy the axe!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 08:45 PM

Reviews: 12
New UV arrived today,

Congrats on the GR! Take care of it real well. Sorry to hear about that huge bill ya have to pay for customs and all that bs.
Do ya plan on customizing your GR as well?

Reg
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 08:48 PM

New UV arrived today,

Congraulations on the guitar! Enjoy it, so those of us without one can live vicariously through you! :thumbsup:

-Laws
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

New UV arrived today,

Nope, I've wanted a GR for so long, I'm gonna leave this one alone hehehe.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 09:15 PM

New UV arrived today,

You could pretty much say green is your color, heheheh
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 11:31 PM
rvj

New UV arrived today,

Or should we say "we're all green with envy", hehehe. *Congrats on the UV!!! Enjoy!!! --rvj
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 11:48 PM

New UV arrived today,

damn! that better be in Canadian funds!!
you have a thing for green don't you :donnie:
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2002, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

New UV arrived today,

I find it really funny that you all keep commenting on my thing for green LOL, I only have 2 green guitars now! I have 2 green, 2 pink, 2 red, 2 black, one white, and one yellow LOL. *But the one red one will be something else soon, and the one black one will be something else soon too! hehehe
oh, and yeah, that was Canadian dollars, but still hurts!
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-17-2002, 03:31 AM
Vendor

New UV arrived today,

Congrats, you've been trying to make that trade as long as I can remember!

Customs is always based on declared/insured value, unfortunately if you shipped UPS also Xing will get hit for the same 10% + $50 brokerage fees. When shipping across the Canadian border there's only one rule, postal service.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 11:50 PM

Reviews: 12
New UV arrived today,

Just wondering if you have a solid opinion comparing the GR and BK altogether. Differences, likes/dislikes, whatever...

Reg

Tags
blaze pickups , evh amp , maple neck , maple necks , neck joint , neck plate , rosewood fretboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode