New on the VAI Web. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

New on the VAI Web.

Well..... what are thoughts on the new guitars added to the Vai.com site? I just picked myself up off the floor after fainting on the proto of the chrome jem... then hit number 2 was the 90th anny UV! Then the roland synth knocked me over again on the Floral. What the heck! Chrome jem is has a laser mounted to the head stock to go along with the LED's in the fret board! Whoa..... Steve your a freak! Man I've been saying that for years! Give me lights!

Page 2 confirms the use of the old polka dot UV on the new album. Perhaps just perhaps with Satch and Vai both having projects with 7 strings,,, Ibanez may start a new campaign. I would sell my $4,000 downhill bike if they hit the market with something just beyond cool!

~A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 12:56 PM

Well that site just won todays slowest site award... gallery 4 has been loading for 3 minutes now...and this is no phone connection...in a few years I think we deserve a UV15...I'd sell a kidney for that one :P If I like it that is

BTW nice axes indeed...the UV90 looks a bit weird...needs a monkey grip, I guess...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Sometimes the site just cruises,, other times I'm left screamin' at the cable modem.
Sadly, enough,,, I would have to say that well.... as far what we see Steve playing and what Ibanez will put out to the market, will probably be 2 different things. Leaving guys like me to there own devices and vinyl to make custom items. However, I do think it would sell if they offered the sustainer's in a series. Just don't run the price up to the ceiling. Again, I would sell some stuff to aquire a factory jem with sustainer.

~A
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 01:33 PM

My thoughts are...it's all being discussed somewhere else!!!

either talk about what's on vai.com here
http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16805

or perhaps what jems/UV you would have expected to be production models
http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=20364

or perhaps the chrome jem thread here
http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12353

thanks

of course there is always the jemsite search facility
Closed Thread

Tags
chrome jem , fret board , monkey grip , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode