New VSBL owner! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

New VSBL owner!

Hello all,

I have been lurking around here for a bit and wanted to say hi. I just took the plunge after standing on the fence and bought a new VSBL today. Took me a bit of time to find a new one being that they are discontinued and all but I managed. Would have prefered to get one from Ibanez Rules after all I have read here but that was just not in the cards. The first real guitar I ever owned was a Jem. Its there in the bottom right. Pink. Well...it was the 80s and we were all a little nuts.

I have had and still have many other guitars but no jems and that one was always in my heart. It eventually was sanded down and repainted candy blue with turquoise tiger stripes LOL. A couple years later I broke the neck and the rest was downhill. Anyway I look forward to checking out and participating in the postings. I'll post some pics of the vsbl when it gets here next week.

Goozman

Last edited by Goozman; 03-07-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 11:15 PM

Re: New VSBL owner!

nice man! congrats! sucks to hear about the SK though... do you still have any of the other parts like pickups or bridge?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 02:31 AM Thread Starter

I'm pretty excited. Today I ordered a custom pearl white pickguard, and set of covers from Jeannie Pickguards. Should really add something to the instrument when combined with the sparkle blue and aged look hardware. Now if it were just going to be here in the MORNING! Next week. I think I can wait that long. Maybe.

Goozman

Oh and nah I don't have any of the parts from the 777sk. The guitar along with the cracked neck were sold to help finance a Jackson Randy Rhodes Custom. That one I should have kept as well.

Last edited by Goozman; 03-08-2005 at 02:45 AM.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 08:48 AM

Congrats on the purchase. I'm a fellow VSBL owner. Please post pics of the guitar with the new pickguard. I've long been considering replacing the pickguard *and* the inlays, but I haven't decided on what to replace them with. So I'd like to see it when done.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 01:48 AM

Hey Goozman
Good for you. I love my vsbl. I had a friend who had that 777sk in 87 or 88 and it blew me away. From that point on nothing felt as good as a jem or even a wizard neck for me. It took me til '02 to get my 1st jem, the 7dbk. Got my vsbl in '03. Enjoy it when you get it!
Lee
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Just received the scratchplate and covers this morning. They look very nice.

Goozman
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goozman
Just received the scratchplate and covers this morning. They look very nice.

Goozman
I know this is an old post, and I apologize, but I just got a 7VSBL and love the guards and plates you got (Pearl) and would like to get the same exact set Goozman. Could you tell me whom/where and what part numbers or set numbers or names to order??? I am new at the site and searched, but still not sure, I like yours and wanted to go to the source.

Thanx for your time in advance,

"10/10"
http://vov.tentenland.net
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goozman
Today I ordered a custom pearl white pickguard, and set of covers from Jeannie Pickguards.
Try a internet search engine on Jeannie Pickguards (never heard of 'em). Also try the pickguard paradise or EKG links above.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 10:02 AM

Sweet, you have completed the Strat to Jem conversion. I love my VSBL and the pearloid makes a world of difference IMHO. I did that to mine as well. I think the white pickguard looks to "Straty". Please mind you I have nothing against strats. My very first axe was a strat....Blue at that
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777
Sweet, you have completed the Strat to Jem conversion. I love my VSBL and the pearloid makes a world of difference IMHO. I did that to mine as well. I think the white pickguard looks to "Straty". Please mind you I have nothing against strats. My very first axe was a strat....Blue at that
I had a flat white pickguard on my strat that I changed to pearloid... My strat looked too straty : D

I'd cut a monkey grip in it, but the only things I have is a leatherman and a hammer....
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmeir
My strat looked too straty : D
I'd cut a monkey grip in it, but the only things I have is a leatherman and a hammer....
Strat too Straty

Hmmm...Strat w/Monkey Grip....I wonder if that's ever been done?? Surely someone somewhere has done it.

Tags
jeannie pickguards , jem conversion , monkey grip , pickguard paradise , white pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode