The next JS model? - We have ways of making you talk Rich! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
The next JS model? - We have ways of making you talk Rich!

OK, now that we know about the next JEM (which is cool since my school's color is purple), is there any info about the next JS? *They've been pretty plain (except for the CP) and I wonder if we'll see a diff. paint job than just black or white on a JS1000. *Any news?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 10:11 AM
Vendor

The next JS model?

Try some Sodium Pentathol (I hear the buzz is quite pleasing, just make sure my girlfriend isn't around!!) It's no secret I've been begging for a new graphic for years, probably won't ever happen, but they really do need to throw a new cool color in the mix! A friend and I were talking about this last night, what ever happened to Silver as a guitar color?!?! I think it's SHARP, especially the new silver pearls! I can see it being labled the "po mans chrome", but what about a silver jem?? Tasty!
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 01:47 PM

Reviews: 3
The next JS model?

Rich-
Ibanez may very well prove me wrong... but I think silver as a color for guitars went out with the word "sharp." *:biggrin
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 01:51 PM
Vendor

The next JS model?

Oooops, showing my age! Now I thought retro was *IN*? (Oooops, showed my age again!:biggrin
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 02:06 PM
Bew

The next JS model?

I think silver would be groovy. *
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 02:26 PM

The next JS model?

I'd love to see a graphic on the JS's that became a standard as opposed to a hard to get item (i.e. donnie, rainforest)

They definately need spicing up a bit, but it's up 2 Joe so we better start lobbying him

Flame/Quilted would be a nice addition too.

Steve
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 03:53 PM

The next JS model?

I agree...the colors they have now don't do it for me. *I am with Rich about silver -- way cool color for guitar...or at least metallic colors. *My reissue strat is Inca Silver and looks way color than black or white.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 07:41 AM

The next JS model?

clear (unfinished?) like the stock tailpiece model... that i would like to see again

KK
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
The next JS model?

yup, I'd like a graphic like the donnies or rainforest. *Or, how about one of the new matte finishes like available on the S this year? *Like a pearl purple? *
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:44 PM

The next JS model?

The next JS model should have 24 frets. Persoanally i like that feature. But MY opinion is that the next js will be like a BSB type JS or another funky color. But i think IBanez doesn't want to put money into the JS because it dosn't sell as much as other guitars. Unfortuatly. IT would be awsome to have a another graphic. What would really be cool is like those PRS dragons on the body. And furthremore. I think the JS should have better inlays. But thats just IMHO :P

J
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 01:53 PM

Reviews: 3
The next JS model?

how about 22 frets... pao ferro board... and a 3 single coil design? *or stacked 'buckers? *Can you say blues?
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 04:32 PM

The next JS model?

Quote:
Quote: from jay ratkowski on 1:53 pm on Mar. 30, 2001
how about 22 frets... pao ferro board... and a 3 single coil design? *or stacked 'buckers? *Can you say blues?
I certainly can! but probably not with as much conviction as Joe.

Shred blues took on a new meaning for me with G3...but why couldn't we hear Steve? A little suspect methinks!

Steve
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 08:54 PM

The next JS model?

Silver would be cool. As for the graphics I don't think we'd see anything like a donnie or rainforest again, but I do think a new graphics design would be awesome. Maybe a "Engines Of Creation" related design. For example put circuitry running every which way and do it in eerie colors then you could call it the "Borg Sex" for a finish name???? Even though, the JS line definitely needs some new colors! I think White should be the first color to go! *
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2001, 01:43 PM

The next JS model?

Personally, I'd like to see an entry-level Japanese made model. In addition, I agree with everyone else, more color choices other than white or black would be nice.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2001, 01:58 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
The next JS model?

Quote:
Personally, I'd like to see an entry-level Japanese made model.
I agree. No more Korean 'signature models' with TRS. They are an insult... glen

Tags
basswood guitar , basswood guitars , ebony board

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode