Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD 540P-ii Reproduction

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Canadian Mark 
#1 ·
After nearly buying a 540P-ii HH in 1990 for $1000 AUD, I have been kicking myself ever since for not getting it. I have ticked most of my Jem, Universe and RG boxes, but the 540P-ii has always eluded me. Till now! After collecting an RGR580 neck and cosmo hardware, I ordered a 540P-ii replica body from Perle guitars. As it was never going to be an original, I specified that it also was a one piece mahogany body, and the Original Edge tremolo has an FU tone brass block installed as well as an ultimate tone claw to hold the springs in. I finished it off with EMG 81 and 85 pickups with the 18V mod. My good mate Greg over at The Guitar Pitstop here in Brisbane Australia painted and assembled it for me prior to levelling the frets and setting it up. He also made a custom pickguard as the Perle bodies have their pickups direct mounted, and I wanted to go original with the pickup rings. It is truly a huge sounding guitar and is a worthy consolation prize to not finding an original one, and finishes off my Ibanez wall in my pool room perfectly! #540P-ii, #theguitarpitstop, #perleguitars

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Fantastic job!

I recently ticked my rg550 road flair red from 87 off.

I was lucky to get it all original with case and all, but the seller was dishonest about the condition.

I'm working on restoring it at the moment with a local car shop to just touch up some of the dents without a respray.

I'm hoping it turns out this well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.