Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD - All 3 JEM777 RE's!

4K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  DaylightDies 
#1 ·
Just received today from Rich.

They feel great. Seem lighter than most JEM's.

See less See more
#10 ·
These were silver - decided against platinum. I wanted to play these a little bit and keep them as close to factory as possible for resell value later in life. Fret treatment, etc. are all top notch in comparison to other vendors / guitars I own. The necks are great on these in my opinion.

Believe mine were the first batch - ordered back in mid November, 2016.

#15 ·
I go back and forth between keeping it and selling it. Now that I have the wall setup - I'll keep it. It plays awesome and the neck is quite killer even if it's the wrong neck. The PBK doesn't have scalloped frets at the upper register - someone told me it was a Monday / Friday guitar - meaning that if it was Friday, whoever was supposed to do the scallops, decided they wanted to get out of work. If it was a Monday, they were not interested in doing the scallop job.

#17 ·
It's unique for sure. I've always liked the PBK, particularly for the rosewood neck with the pyramids, but something about the "cream soda" shade of some the RB's resonates with me. I really want an RB, but I def wouldn't buy a darker one, it has to have this kind of character.

I don't particularly care for the scalloped frets at the upper register, I could take or leave them, I've never felt like I was missing something when I play my late 80s RGs.

#28 ·
I almost bought an ESP M-II Michael Wilton "Graffiti" guitar from him. Still kicking myself for not doing it.

Not the current collection but I use Woody's Invisible Guitar Hangers.

Here they are hung up:

I know you said that monitor is huge but this picture seems all screwed up, like those are model guitars hanging on the wall.

What are the monitors? HS8's?

#25 ·
Amazing setup! Love the desk setup and collection!
That room is massive!

I gather you are about 7 feet tall to get the higher guitars down? LoL! :wink:

Seriously though....major optical illusion. The new Jems looks like toy guitars in that space in that picture.

Congrats on a beautiful collection!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.