NGD and Belated NGD BFP and 70V Content - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

NGD and Belated NGD BFP and 70V Content

Finally pulled the trigger and bought a MIJ Jem. I had been searching for the model that suited me for a while but the BFP was always in the back of my mind. I saw this on the bay and after it wouldn’t sell for its asking price, PM’d and got a good price for it. It is definitely used and has some abuse to show (some chips, scratches, and stress crack at the nut) but this won’t be a case queen anyways. When it came in the mail, I was shocked by how great it looks in person. The blue is much darker and it contrasts with the maple so well. The fretwork is great and I am starting to feel like the maple neck is the way to go with the Jems. It is a 91' and the neck feels ver worn in by its 2 previous owners and is smooth as butter. I absolutely love this guitar and am never going to let go of it. On another note, I noticed that everyone’s BFP’s are different in shade and some turn a little green over time. Do they typically get darker as they age or lighter and faded?

The 70v is a very belated NGD from last year that I never got around to posting. I bought it used but in good condition. I really like the fretwork on mine and have been lucky enough not to have the issues I’ve heard others are having with their 70v in general. I know the color has been polarizing for people, but I loved it the second I saw it and it looks really vibrant in person. The neck is solid and it has been a ridiculous joy to play this last year.

I haven't given the 70V a proper set up yet so it isn't fair to compare but so far, I am finding myself spending a lot of time with the BFP. Sorry, photos taken with cell phone but please enjoy!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 09:14 PM

Re: NGD and Belated NGD BFP and 70V Content

Very nice guitars. Congrats!

Just curious, what are the issues with the 70V? I thought the impressions were generally overall very positive.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
Very nice guitars. Congrats!

Just curious, what are the issues with the 70V? I thought the impressions were generally overall very positive.

Thanks Inzane! I thought the general consensus was positive but i did see some repeating issues people had with theirs like paint issues, alignment issues, and trems that could not get low enough.

For me, jumping between the two does not take much adjustment. I couldn't be happier with either purchase. I hope I've cured my GAS permanently.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnujabes View Post
I hope I've cured my GAS permanently.
Don't bet on it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

I just found this super aged one:
Do they all fade like this with enough light?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Not unless you keep them doused with sunblock....

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Looks like the project I'm having (color-wise)

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
Don't bet on it.
+1. You never lose the GAS disease

Tags
70v , bfp jem , jem , ngd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode