NGD. Finally! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

NGD. Finally!

So yeah, been a lurker for a decade. But now I finally own a JS! Traded my Les Paul for this beauty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 PM

Re: NGD. Finally!

The Les Paul is a really good guitar and I have had a couple but the JS is the ****

Many congrats on this. I saw one like this, but with a lot of road wear for a grand and I still should have jumped on it. Nothing Ibanez makes or made has a neck quite like the JS1000s and 1200s. Even the JS100 has a really great neck on it and would be golden with a couple of DiMarzios or Duncans. Those JS necks have everything I like about Ibanez but at the same time everything I like about vintage Fenders and this makes the guitar the most versatile thing ever made imho.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
Nothing Ibanez makes or made has a neck quite like the JS1000s and 1200s. Even the JS100 has a really great neck on it and would be golden with a couple of DiMarzios or Duncans. Those JS necks have everything I like about Ibanez but at the same time everything I like about vintage Fenders and this makes the guitar the most versatile thing ever made imho.
+1

i went through many guitars before i played my first js. i mained a les paul for years, then switched to superstrat guitars for their versatility. i played so many before finally getting my first js guitar, which was the js6. that neck immediately felt like home to me. i've never really been a fan of the jem neck and i really have a hard time playing the wizard profiles. i have found that the closest thing to a js neck i've played on an ibanez is the rt series. that neck profile was called the 'viper' neck and it's very close spec-wise. i wish that ibanez offered models with this profile instead of only limiting themselves to the super thin, super flat-radius wizard necks.

but i guess i should feel grateful that i have a crapload of rt models (i think i have 9 lol) and that they are still putting out great js models. and actually, i like the fireman neck too, but that's more like a slim taper les paul neck.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

This is the most comfortable neck I've played!
I
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 03:32 PM

Nice guitar. Happy NGD.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 07:24 PM

Reviews: 18

Nice JS900, congrats!

Jimmy
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 07:40 PM

Reviews: 10

very nice! must feel quite different going from a Les Paul to a nice light and comfy JS....congratulations!!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
very nice! must feel quite different going from a Les Paul to a nice light and comfy JS....congratulations!!!
Yep! It's a never ending struggle to play a Les Paul, atleast for me! The JS is just perfect.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 AM

The best les paul I ever had was an Ibanez model. It was black and had hollow chambers in the body. Best neck and super low action with zero buzz. It played like a dream and sounded incredible.

The JS model isn't for everyone, but I love them. I want to find one of those black pearls and have someone do a custom paintjob on it.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 AM

Congrats!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastachild View Post
i wish that ibanez offered models with this profile instead of only limiting themselves to the super thin, super flat-radius wizard necks.
The only guitars Ibanez offers those necks on are the high end Prestige guitars.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS RG View Post
The best les paul I ever had was an Ibanez model. It was black and had hollow chambers in the body. Best neck and super low action with zero buzz. It played like a dream and sounded incredible.

The JS model isn't for everyone, but I love them. I want to find one of those black pearls and have someone do a custom paintjob on it.
Even though Joe is probably the shredder of all shredders, his neck can be used as easily for anything as pop rock as the Fender strat is used for. It has a similar profile and is only slightly flatter/thinner and not just used for lead guitar.

For those who are bothered by the Floyd, they can find a used Ibanez Satch without trem on eBay and such a guitar can fit any genre or pair of hands.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
Nice JS900, congrats!

Jimmy
The seller claimed this was a js1000, but after reading your comment I looked at the specs of a js900 and you are right. It's got a hp-filter though, but no coil-split.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 06:44 AM

And being a JS 900 BP owner, I must warn you that the 900 neck profile is different from a regular 1000 or 1200.

Congrats for your new guitar!

Regards,
AK

Tags
ibanez , js1000 , satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode