Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD Jem BMC Herc Swirl and pyramids.

Tags
herc swirl
7K views 62 replies 28 participants last post by  satchmo72 
#1 ·
Sorry for the 2 posts so close to each other but I was excited.

The day has come that I can say this guitar is finally done. It has taken 1 1/2 to 2 years to get this thing complete but it the coolest, most beautiful guitar I have owned.

The specs are:

Herc Swirled BMC Alder Jem body
Pristine RG570 neck with pyramid inlays by Herc.
Chrome Original Edge with chrome tuners, knobs and nut.
Blue/Black Neck and Bridge Evo set
Blue Velvet (black) middle (soon to be something blue)
everything is new for this thing except the middle pickup and output jack.

It sounds amazing. Very aggressive but with beautiful singing tones. Exactly what I was looking for to augment for 540R

Thanks for the ideas and opinions. Always helpful. :)

See less See more
#6 ·
yeah, that blue cover thing is driving me nuts. Gotta get something that matches though or the inner retentive in me will notice nothin but.

gonna talk to mike at Banjomikez and see what he has. I have a chopper but blue covers have been discontinued.

Thanks!!!!

#9 ·
Dude, you've really got a machine that will be the envy of many a jemsiter. Freaking fantastic.

There should be a thread somewhere that is just a pool of photos of people's customs with no comments, just photo after photo after photo of gorgeous customs and originals for us to drool over. Is there such a thing in here? I know we have the gallery, but it is missing a large glut of insanely awesome customs that ive seen in here.

#11 ·
Thanks guys. The fun/frustration with a custom is trying to picture what your choices will look like once your done. Will it be as incredible as it is in your head?

Luckily I had help. Herc really came through on this one. The swirl is the most beautiful work of art I own. He also helped with the color scheme of the pyramids which add a nice contrast to the body colors and I got lucky that the Dimarzio blue looks as good as it does. Herc and I talked about swirling the headstock and in the end, the black headstock looks classy and I really liked the stock look of the silver Ibanez logo.

It's all Ibanez parts except for the body. Switch, knobs, pots, jack, term, everything.

My thinking is that I have wanted a Jem forever but really didn't like the color offerings besides some of the PMCs and such. Don't have that kind of money though. So I built what I wanted and it is exactly what I wanted. Thanks go out to Rich, Jesse and Banjomikez and everyone who had some input to it's completion (that list is long.)

I am going to get a matching blue middle pickup this week and will post pics when I get it changed.

The next project is a custom JS, I'm gonna fix a couple of things I don't like about the current incarnations and build my perfect JS.

Jeff

#20 ·
Now, let me be honest ..... VERY HONEST:

After spending many hours in this forum reading and looking at project pics, here's my personal humble opinion:

This is the most beautyful custom project I have seen!!! OK, my taste, but I'm honest! I would rip it out of your hands if you would let loose just a bit!

Honestly: including all original Jems I've seen, this one is amongst the top beautyful 8 Jems on my list.

It simply looks amazing!!!

Too bad the covered/drilled out dots are becoming visible, but **** happens. It's still absolutely stunning beautyful!

#22 ·
You used a super wizard from an Rg570 correct? If so, how did Herc get rid of the dots on the 12th and 24th? Did the scalloping get rid of the 24th dot holes? My necks from an rg550 and it's maple. So i'm trying to figure out what it would take to get rid of my dots when I do my pyramids on my pmc.

#29 ·
When I removed the green dots from my UV neck, they were very thin. It didn't take a lot of rose wood saw dust to fill them. My guess is your maple neck is the same way. I took a very small drill bit and drilled a hole in the center of the dot. I was going to use the hole to grab the inlay with a small pick and pull it out. When I drilled the hole it just spun off and out and was stuck to the drill bet, NICE and easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.