NGD Jem777 LNG - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

6Likes
  • 4 Post By Mungojerrie
  • 1 Post By Mungojerrie
  • 1 Post By Mungojerrie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

NGD Jem777 LNG

After many years of sourcing parts and spending money, here is my dream. This particular LNG is a tribute guitar crafted to exact specifications with one caveat, the neck is specifically made to the original wizard specs. Many thanks to the craftsmanship of Nate Perle @ Perle Guitars and Rodney over at Liquid FX. You guys truly do stellar work. I spent close to 4 years sourcing all original NOS Ibanez cosmo black parts for the hardware, and also as you can see, there is the original palmrest. Dimarzio Evolution pickups deliver the screaming sound. There is also a tone upgrade. Original pink lined Jem case and case candy included. This Jem plays as good as it looks and will be cherished for a lifetime.

Now for the ugly part, I lost 2 grand on this project. One grand was taken from me by Patrick Sims years ago who never delivered on his promise, and another grand lost to Livewire Guitars, who closed up shop and stole my money. I should have went to Nate first because he is awesome and I was even let into his workshop and given a tour. The past is past and I'll never see my lost money, but I regrouped and here is the outcome. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 08:25 AM

Re: NGD Jem777 LNG

The end product looks amazing, sorry the hear about the negative experience with both of the aforementioned companies.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 02:48 PM

Reviews: 1

Same, sorry to hear about the negative side of making your dream become a reality but congratz. This guitar looks awesome! I hope it plays as great as it looks.

This is also the "holy grail" for me and one day, I will have to do dive into making it become real.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the kind words. I am afraid to take it out of the case because it is so beautiful. But, how else are you gonna break-in a guitar? Yeah, it plays perfect. The action is spot on and the neck is straight as an arrow. Perhaps I'll take some more detailed shots and post them here. Cheers.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 05:37 AM

This guitar came out damn near perfect! It's awesome that you have your dream JEM, and you were able to get all the specs perfect for you. I would have gone with PAF Pros (if I could find an original set all the better) but of course this is about what you love. If this was my project I doubt I could have pulled it off as well as this beauty.

Congratulations on a beautiful guitar, and for the awesomeness of being able to be there from beginning to end!

I look forward to more pics!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 01:57 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungojerrie View Post
I am afraid to take it out of the case because it is so beautiful.
A guitar is meant to be played! Rock the f**k out of it!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 07:25 AM

What happened with Sims .. my 777 DY is there as we speak ... was the quality not good, did he steal your guitar??? please let me know because of this corona virus crap he has now had my Jem for 12 weeks and he should have had it back to me a week and a half ago ... but he won't be able to get it back until like mid May he said ...

Steve
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendet2112 View Post
What happened with Sims .. my 777 DY is there as we speak ... was the quality not good, did he steal your guitar??? please let me know because of this corona virus crap he has now had my Jem for 12 weeks and he should have had it back to me a week and a half ago ... but he won't be able to get it back until like mid May he said ...

Steve
UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc are all still shipping. What was his excuse?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendet2112 View Post

Steve
Hello friend.

Wow, this takes me back. It's like having PTSD when I think about Patrick Sims. The guy is a soulless crook. I told him my exact specifications and we had what appeared to be a natural conversation. After back and forth communication, he invoiced me for a thousand USD which I paid via PayPal to his wife's account. That was the last I heard from that thief. I am stunned that he is still (presumably) in business taking peoples' hard earned cash. He is as rotten to the core as any snake oil salesman can be. I honestly feel bad for you because I guarantee that you will never see your DY again. Short of going to his shop in Tennessee(?) with a police officer to get your property back, he has essentially robbed you.

Livewire was another case of me being robbed of another grand. Everyone here talked about how awesome his **** was, yadda yadda. So I took a shot with him, but immediately after payment he made this broad declaration that he was having personal issues and he had to close up shop. Suffice it to say, no money was refunded and that was the last I heard of him.

I don't know what it is with people in the South, but I will never do business with the likes of them again.

Since I still had possession of all of my hardware and electronics, I stubbornly saved up yet another grand to have my baby made. Thankfully / mercifully, Nate Pearle came through with flying colors. And ironically, he is within like a half an hour's drive from me. He is totally legit and very passionate about his craft. He sticks with communication and keeps you abreast of what's what. He sent photos, let me stop by his shop and everything. The man's a genius. He also recommended a gentleman who painted the Jem for me (I can't think of his name at the moment). I then had everything assembled and tuned at Midlothian Music in Orland Park, IL. They did a fantastic job.

I learned a hard but valuable lesson. Listen to what people are saying, do a lot of research before you commit, and never pay in full until the job is done. There are very few honest people in this world, and unfortunately they prey upon our dreams like savage politicians.

Cheers
lordhar likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 03:11 AM

Reviews: 3

I also had a Natan Perle body made for a Jem project; it was cheap and really well made. As you, I prefer the original wizard neck. I shaved down my 7 VWH neck to wizard specs and it is awesome.

Congrats on your acquisition; the case and the palm rest should be tought to get.
vy100 is online  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vy100 View Post
I also had a Natan Perle body made for a Jem project; it was cheap and really well made. As you, I prefer the original wizard neck. I shaved down my 7 VWH neck to wizard specs and it is awesome.

Congrats on your acquisition; the case and the palm rest should be tought to get.
Thank you kindly. Wow, I'm surprised that you made the decision to do business from Spain! Glad that everything survived the shipping/customs, etc. Yes, the OG Wizard is amazing. My brother grew up with an '88 Jap RG560 and no other guitar on earth feels as good IMO.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 12:01 AM

Quote:
After many years of sourcing parts and spending money, here is my dream. This particular LNG is a tribute guitar crafted to exact specifications with one caveat, the neck is specifically made to the original wizard specs. Many thanks to the craftsmanship of Nate Perle @ Perle Guitars and Rodney over at Liquid FX. You guys truly do stellar work. I spent close to 4 years sourcing all original NOS Ibanez cosmo black parts for the hardware, and also as you can see, there is the original palmrest. Dimarzio Evolution pickups deliver the screaming sound. There is also a tone upgrade. Original pink lined Jem case and case candy included. This Jem plays as good as it looks and will be cherished for a lifetime.

Now for the ugly part, I lost 2 grand on this project. One grand was taken from me by Patrick Sims years ago who never delivered on his promise, and another grand lost to Livewire Guitars, who closed up shop and stole my money. I should have went to Nate first because he is awesome and I was even let into his workshop and given a tour. The past is past and I'll never see my lost money, but I regrouped and here is the outcome. Cheers.

Excluding the 2 grand that you previously lost ... what was the total cost of this build ??
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2020, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite22 View Post
Excluding the 2 grand that you previously lost ... what was the total cost of this build ??
Well, if memory serves, the body and neck were a bit over $600 USD, paint was $285, Cosmo parts probably $400~500, Palmrest $300, Jem Case $400, Pick guard and other cavity covers $100, Pickups $300, Other hardware and electronics $50~60, Build/Setup/Tune $150 ish? Mind you, everything that you see is all original NOS Ibanez/Gotoh/DiMarzio parts except the body and neck, which were crafted new to my specifications. I needed this to be perfect, as if you bought it brand new. That comes with a cost because second hand items can be found for much cheaper but you get what you pay for.

All in, probably around 3 grand give or take. But money was no object, obviously. I was obsessed and it required time, patience, and luck. I hope this answers your inquiry. At the time when my guitar was completed, bonafide 777LNGs were going for around $5 grand so I think I did okay. Cheers
Hoplite22 likes this.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Hello friend.

Wow, this takes me back. It's like having PTSD when I think about Patrick Sims. The guy is a soulless crook. I told him my exact specifications and we had what appeared to be a natural conversation. After back and forth communication, he invoiced me for a thousand USD which I paid via PayPal to his wife's account. That was the last I heard from that thief. I am stunned that he is still (presumably) in business taking peoples' hard earned cash. He is as rotten to the core as any snake oil salesman can be. I honestly feel bad for you because I guarantee that you will never see your DY again. Short of going to his shop in Tennessee(?) with a police officer to get your property back, he has essentially robbed you.

Livewire was another case of me being robbed of another grand. Everyone here talked about how awesome his **** was, yadda yadda. So I took a shot with him, but immediately after payment he made this broad declaration that he was having personal issues and he had to close up shop. Suffice it to say, no money was refunded and that was the last I heard of him.

I don't know what it is with people in the South, but I will never do business with the likes of them again.

Since I still had possession of all of my hardware and electronics, I stubbornly saved up yet another grand to have my baby made. Thankfully / mercifully, Nate Pearle came through with flying colors. And ironically, he is within like a half an hour's drive from me. He is totally legit and very passionate about his craft. He sticks with communication and keeps you abreast of what's what. He sent photos, let me stop by his shop and everything. The man's a genius. He also recommended a gentleman who painted the Jem for me (I can't think of his name at the moment). I then had everything assembled and tuned at Midlothian Music in Orland Park, IL. They did a fantastic job.

I learned a hard but valuable lesson. Listen to what people are saying, do a lot of research before you commit, and never pay in full until the job is done. There are very few honest people in this world, and unfortunately they prey upon our dreams like savage politicians.

Cheers
Well then my friend, he did a phenomenal job ... It may have taken a bit longer than anticipated .. but the work was a 10++ everything is PERFECT .. The Yellow is bright and beautiful. I am sorry about your experience with him but mine was great. His work is impeccable. If you don't mind waiting you will be pleasantly surprised when you see the results. Once it is back together, I will post pictures of it.

Steve V

Tags
ibanez vai jem 777 lng

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode