NGD Jem777 LNG - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

NGD Jem777 LNG

After many years of sourcing parts and spending money, here is my dream. This particular LNG is a tribute guitar crafted to exact specifications with one caveat, the neck is specifically made to the original wizard specs. Many thanks to the craftsmanship of Nate Perle @ Perle Guitars and Rodney over at Liquid FX. You guys truly do stellar work. I spent close to 4 years sourcing all original NOS Ibanez cosmo black parts for the hardware, and also as you can see, there is the original palmrest. Dimarzio Evolution pickups deliver the screaming sound. There is also a tone upgrade. Original pink lined Jem case and case candy included. This Jem plays as good as it looks and will be cherished for a lifetime.

Now for the ugly part, I lost 2 grand on this project. One grand was taken from me by Patrick Sims years ago who never delivered on his promise, and another grand lost to Livewire Guitars, who closed up shop and stole my money. I should have went to Nate first because he is awesome and I was even let into his workshop and given a tour. The past is past and I'll never see my lost money, but I regrouped and here is the outcome. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 08:25 AM

Re: NGD Jem777 LNG

The end product looks amazing, sorry the hear about the negative experience with both of the aforementioned companies.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 02:48 PM

Reviews: 1

Same, sorry to hear about the negative side of making your dream become a reality but congratz. This guitar looks awesome! I hope it plays as great as it looks.

This is also the "holy grail" for me and one day, I will have to do dive into making it become real.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the kind words. I am afraid to take it out of the case because it is so beautiful. But, how else are you gonna break-in a guitar? Yeah, it plays perfect. The action is spot on and the neck is straight as an arrow. Perhaps I'll take some more detailed shots and post them here. Cheers.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 05:37 AM

This guitar came out damn near perfect! It's awesome that you have your dream JEM, and you were able to get all the specs perfect for you. I would have gone with PAF Pros (if I could find an original set all the better) but of course this is about what you love. If this was my project I doubt I could have pulled it off as well as this beauty.

Congratulations on a beautiful guitar, and for the awesomeness of being able to be there from beginning to end!

I look forward to more pics!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 01:57 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungojerrie View Post
I am afraid to take it out of the case because it is so beautiful.
A guitar is meant to be played! Rock the f**k out of it!

Tags
ibanez vai jem 777 lng

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode