NGD - JEM77FP2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Cool NGD - JEM77FP2

Apologies, been way delayed on posting this.. Finally got my act together and got the Jem I've wanted for ages. Thanks, of course, goes to Rich for creating this instrument. Why everyone doesn't go to Ibanez Rules defeats me but there you go.

Hope the link works, never done this before. Someone please shout if i've ars*d it up. Meet Carmella...

http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/a...iano/Carmella/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 01:20 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: NGD - JEM77FP2

yep, definately the color pickups work with that guitar. Makes it a lot more flamboyant like a Jem should be..... I know steve is getting a bit conservative with the designs of Jems lately..... it's up to us to make them pop now. Looks totally awesome dude..... I'd love to own that.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
yep, definately the color pickups work with that guitar. Makes it a lot more flamboyant like a Jem should be..... I know steve is getting a bit conservative with the designs of Jems lately..... it's up to us to make them pop now. Looks totally awesome dude..... I'd love to own that.
Thanks mate. When i saw the colour on Rich's site i just thought it looked great - the floral patterns not too crazy but the red just makes it that bit more special for me.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 01:49 PM

Was just looking at the other NGD 77FP2 thread with the factory model, and though it's still very very nice, the red additions really sets it right off..... into the stratosphere. It's also a very cheap way to make it look like something very different.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 02:01 PM

Man, I love the body and headstock, but the pup colors and the vine colors throw me off a bit. Beautiful fabric though!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 07:44 PM
NSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiano View Post
Thanks, of course, goes to Rich for creating this instrument. Why everyone doesn't go to Ibanez Rules defeats me but there you go.
Yeah...I bet Rich created that instrument with toenails, toothpicks and a lot of hocus pocus, Ibanez were merely fortunate to put their name on it!

If Rich had something that I wanted, in stock when I'm in a position to buy, that's where my business would be going!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments guys. Guess the red stuff is all down to what floats your boat - just seems to work that bit better for me - Macka agree with your sentiments about it just going up to that next level. The black still looks cool though as the other recent thread shows.

"Yeah...I bet Rich created that instrument with toenails, toothpicks and a lot of hocus pocus, Ibanez were merely fortunate to put their name on it! " - I've known Rich has Ibanez in his pocket for a while now ;-)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Vendor

Yup, this is what they should look like, that way we wouldn't have to pull our hair our trying to find and pick knobs that look right on it!!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 11:21 PM

wow, thats a beauty, was that advertised on ibanez rules? because i recognize that guitar with the pickups like that
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Yup, this is what they should look like, that way we wouldn't have to pull our hair our trying to find and pick knobs that look right on it!!
This is precisely why i have so little hair these days :-o

Was more than worth sacrificing a couple more though! Bye bye Billy and Pete ;-)

Thanks, IBZRG1527prestige. Yeah, Ibanez Rules is where i saw the colour combo and it just seemed right. Was only checking out the new Jem originally but then fell in love...
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 07:31 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Was just looking at the other NGD 77FP2 thread with the factory model, and though it's still very very nice, the red additions really sets it right off..... into the stratosphere. It's also a very cheap way to make it look like something very different.
man, nothing about this guitar is cheap If you replace the pickups yourself it could be a cheap change. Almost new evo set can be sold to recover at least of the money spent on colored pickups and knobs cost peanuts.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Rich's business, just think that swapping new pickups for the same pickups with different bobbins could be done for much less.

Cheers
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
That would be mine. I agree, the red really gets this guitar right. I got mine stock, just to have it stock. Maybe I shouldn't have. Anyway, Rich certainly knows how to setup a guitar. It's the best guitar I've played and I own a bunch... just ask my wife.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 03:25 PM

Reviews: 1

That's the way Ibanez should have done it! Congrats! As I said before, Rich is the man
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 03:55 PM

Reviews: 4

Looks amazing...I want a floral...
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bancika View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Rich's business, just think that swapping new pickups for the same pickups with different bobbins could be done for much less.

Cheers
Be my guest, I paid $85 each for the pickups, and the knob set is Ibanez Ruby Red at $20, plus the single cover and the tip, then you get to install it all.

Tags
dimarzio , fp2 , jem , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode