NGD:VSBL - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Cool NGD:VSBL

I actually got this one about 3weeks ago- just forgot to put it up.
I'll get a better pic of it and put it up.

Last edited by vaibag; 07-01-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 06:08 AM

Re: NGD:VSBL

Nice Toy!
The metallic blue is so cool
I put white knobs and a white truss rod cover on mine.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 AM

I'm envious, congrats! ^ ^
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 AM

Hey I have one too!!
I love mine.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 11:28 AM

Very cool man congrats... love the blue.

Really makes me wonder why there hasn't ever been a red Jem?

At first I thought maybe Vai hates red or something, but now he plays that red guitar he had built for the Hendrix tour all the time....

I think a metallic red and this blue would make an awesome pair to own
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 11:35 AM

Nice Those look great with white pearl pickguards too
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 11:53 AM

Reviews: 10

very nice!!! pearl guard and white knobs would look nice...great guitar in any case...congratulations!!!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 04:05 PM

Mine is a bit more banged up. I sure wish the blue inlay would stand out more though but it plays fantastic. I also bought a used mint '07 Jem77vbk.

Its nice to have both an alder and a basswood jem.

Is it your first jem?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone I was very pleased with it and it's in excellent condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirltop View Post
Really makes me wonder why there hasn't ever been a red Jem?
I always wondered that too, they should make a red Jem one day for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyL View Post
Mine is a bit more banged up. I sure wish the blue inlay would stand out more though but it plays fantastic. I also bought a used mint '07 Jem77vbk.

Its nice to have both an alder and a basswood jem.

Is it your first jem?
Yeah I was really happy at how good the condition of this guitar is, it has one little ding that was fixed very well and you can hardly see it- it would be mint if it wasn't for that

No, I also have a 07' 7VWH and a 96' BSB, so I have 3 now- hoping to own 5 one day
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 09:20 PM

Reviews: 2

Just bought a mint 7VSBL this winter myself ....arrived on valentines day Absolutely love it. It joins my 7Vwh and 77Vbk. Now, I'm getting thoughts of a BRMR! Maybe someday. Congrats, and I share the joy with you!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 09:31 PM

Knowing Hoshino, they wont give us any decent red metallic or anything in the near future. I waited and waited for namm, hoping ANYTHING red or metallic would come out and was disappointed. The only way it'll happen is if Steve says "make it so."
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchfan6 View Post
Just bought a mint 7VSBL this winter myself ....arrived on valentines day Absolutely love it. It joins my 7Vwh and 77Vbk. Now, I'm getting thoughts of a BRMR! Maybe someday. Congrats, and I share the joy with you!
Yeah it's a wicked Jem, congrats on getting yours, I beyond happy with mine and was blown away at how much better they look in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Knowing Hoshino, they wont give us any decent red metallic or anything in the near future. I waited and waited for namm, hoping ANYTHING red or metallic would come out and was disappointed. The only way it'll happen is if Steve says "make it so."
I wonder why they stay away from red?? Seems weird, you're right though won't happen unless...

I couldn't believe they only made the seafoam green colour available on the premium Jems :/ must have been Steve's call maybe?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 12:10 PM

Nice guitar!
A red jem with maple neck and red tree of life...
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibag View Post
I wonder why they stay away from red?? Seems weird, you're right though won't happen unless...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMajs View Post
A red jem with maple neck and red tree of life...
Funny you guys mention this.

A few nights ago I had a dream that I met Steve Vai. Details are foggy but we were hanging out in someone`s home (mine? his? Someone else’s? not sure), in basement rec room drinking, shootin’ the ****, talking about music, guitars, jems, and at one point I asked him a question something along the lines of what’s in store for future jem models and he said his wife (I think he actually said girlfriend in the dream, but you know how details get jumbled up in a dream) had specifically asked that he do one in red, so that was what he was going to do.

I awoke shortly after that point, very excited. 1) I met Steve Vai! 2) there’s going to be a red JEM! Cool!

Then reality sunk in. Just a dream...
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
Funny you guys mention this.

A few nights ago I had a dream that I met Steve Vai. Details are foggy but we were hanging out in someone`s home (mine? his? Someone else’s? not sure), in basement rec room drinking, shootin’ the ****, talking about music, guitars, jems, and at one point I asked him a question something along the lines of what’s in store for future jem models and he said his wife (I think he actually said girlfriend in the dream, but you know how details get jumbled up in a dream) had specifically asked that he do one in red, so that was what he was going to do.

I awoke shortly after that point, very excited. 1) I met Steve Vai! 2) there’s going to be a red JEM! Cool!

Then reality sunk in. Just a dream...
Hahahaha how coincidental is that?? Maybe you seen a little glimpse into the future

A red Jem would be nice, also they should consider doing one of them 3 tone in 1 colours or fantasy whatever they are called, like that chameleon model Ibanez used to make.

Took another pic after having a little play at lunch.

Last edited by vaibag; 07-01-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Tags
ibanez jem , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode