Now im part of the family!!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Now im part of the family!!!!

Some weeks ago, i wrote some lines here, that i was almost part of the JS ....
Today it finally came...my JS1200 CA, from the California factory.
It is awesome!
All that you guys said is true...its a dream guitar...just perfect!!!Here are some pics!

Last edited by Gwalchavad; 12-13-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Reviews: 59
Re: Now im part of the family!!!!

Nice. Where did you purchase it from? How are you liking it?
It seems to go well with your red room...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 02:39 PM

Reviews: 1

More importantly what did you played before?
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 02:46 PM

Reviews: 27

Congratulations! You're going to be very happy with that guitar. I absolutely love my JS1200-CA. It is one of the most comfortable guitars to play for long periods, and the sounds you can get from it are so very sweet to the ear.

Welcome to the club!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys...! :-)

einarabelc5, well thats a very interesting question...no doubt.

I have an Ibanez S-540 LTD from 94, Fender Stratocaster 89, Peavey Wolgang (Korean) and i had this awesome Epiphone Les Paul Standard from the 90īs that i had modded.
Every single one, is special to me, but i sold the Epiphone, im an Ibanez guy...and ive been wanting this guitar for 15 years...
Im not a a guitar player, im a guitar tec that loves guitars and to have fun with them!
So i keep it really simple, good guitars, good sound. My main surprise was the Peavey...GEEZZZ what an amazing instrument.(or i was lucky...)I never thought that they would build such a good guitar for lower line.At least mine rocks as hell! :-)

Thanx again guys...its good to in the family
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 03:03 PM

Reviews: 7

I really like it.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 11:54 PM

Reviews: 2

Wonderful!! That's the only red guitar I like

Just one question: I know that guitar only has 22 frets, but have you ever felt you needed 2 more frets (23 and 24)?? I've been GASing for an S ibanez but they only have 22 frets, and I currently have an rg (24 frets).
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Nop!
Im just a regular player..I love my work has a guitar tech...i love the guitar...2 more frets...is to more frets to do a fret dressing!LOL

I love it has it is... :-)
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 04:51 AM

24 frets ruins the sound of the neck pickup for me... you lose the body you get from having the pickup the extra ―" or so along. Plus there's less room to pick! Never liked 24 fret necks - I've had a couple of guitars with them over the years, and never found I used them! It just made the guitar feel unbalanced somehow to me.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwalchavad View Post
Some weeks ago, i wrote some lines here, that i was almost part of the JS ....
Today it finally came...my JS1200 CA, from the California factory.
It is awesome!
I hate to burst your bubble, but there is nothing Californian about that JS.

It's made in Japan like all the others. CA just means the colour is Candy Apple, nothing more.
You can find a made in Japan logo on the back of the headstock. Besides, there is no actual California factory, just a custom shop for endorsees.

Irrespective of that, it's a great guitar so enjoy it.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but there is nothing Californian about that JS.

It's made in Japan like all the others. CA just means the colour is Candy Apple, nothing more.
You can find a made in Japan logo on the back of the headstock. Besides, there is no actual California factory, just a custom shop for endorsees.

Irrespective of that, it's a great guitar so enjoy it.

Dude...i know that CA is candy apple.Im as Ibanez user for 15 years or so...

But yes it came from the california factory/custom shop INDEED!Dude i would never came here saying something that it wouldnt be...
But, this is the internet, everyone can hide behind a computer monitor, and say what they want or being a tough guy.
I know that the california factory/custom shop is just for endorsers...and...do you know if im a new endorser???
And by the way they just assembled them there... nothing more in that you are correct...they just pick up the pieces and mount them...
Do you know to, who i work?No...so if i post a picture of the guitar with my ugly mug by its side just to say"hi im being a smart ass...!"
Dude, i waited so much time i studied so hard, i worked so hard for it...and yes it from the california factory/custom shop (sorry for saying factory all the time)... :-) you could just askd if it really was from there instead of trying to call me a liar... ;-)

Cheers
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 02:42 AM

Reviews: 65

well this will get into a fight, especially the way you wrote it.

just post a pic of the package with the sender adress visible to shut the people up or they will flame you
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 04:12 AM

Reviews: 1

Oh dear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
just post a pic of the package with the sender adress visible to shut the people up or they will flame you
... or a pic of the back the neck (where the serial is)?
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Tank ... with all the respect in the world, i dont want to pick up a fight...
But i donīt like when people think that they know it all. Get my point?
Why the hell would i post a pic or say something that it isnt?
Thnx
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 05:21 AM

First up, donīt call me dude, you may call me that after weīve gone surfing together or something.

Quote:
do you know if im a new endorser???
The correct term is endorsee, if you recieve an endorsement from Ibanez. Once you become famous you could endorse Ibanez. As an endorsee you should realise that Jemsite is your audience, so donīt antagonise us in your first twenty posts.

Secondly there is no California factory, everyone knows itīs called the LACS (LA custom shop) there is a 21 page thread about it http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f22/cu...-52915-20.html we know how they work and what they do.

Thirdly, there are enough endorsees on Jemsite to see how this usually works
-artist gets picked up by Ibanez
-artist gets a production Ibanez, usually a hard to acquire thing like a JCustom or Euro only model, NOS high end RG etc.
-artist gets the opportunity to get a guitar from the LACS, but most HAVE to PAY for it.
There is absolutely no reason to spec a JS1200CA at the LACS. A neck through JS? A flame top JS? Sure! But a regular production model? That makes no sense.

Among the ten commandments of Jemsite it says īpics or it didnīt happenī
so show us the tags, serial and why this particular JS is any different from regular Fujigen production.

This is not about flaming or a fight; extraordinarary claims require extraordinary evidence, it's simple.

You also said in another thread you were going to order this guitar at one of the larger German stores, as they were impossible to get in Portugal so that directly contradicts this California thingy.

Tags
new guitar day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode