The oddest review I've seen for a guitar -- a jem no less. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb The oddest review I've seen for a guitar -- a jem no less.

"I lived in NY. I purchaced this on 9/11. This guitar has been through heck with me. I was running from the dust cloud and this guitar is very bulky and even with the handle, it is heavy. So I droped it. It is the guitar or me. A week later I find it in the same spot,and it didn't even have a scratch! The only thing that was wrong was that it had soot all over it. But I cleaned it and it looked brand new! When I told this story to my friends they didn't believe me. Now I live in Miami,Fl and now here is another story. I live in an apartment on the 36th floor with a balcony. I was playing it on the balcony,I left it outside while I got the phone,and my guitar fell out of the balcony and I pick it up later on the sidewalk and only 4 scratches. I had this for 8 years. It is pricey but worth it."

Posted by stevevaiuniverse

This is on musicians friend for the vwh.
Honestly, this wouldn't help me decide whether or not I would buy the guitar. I just don't know why someone posted this for a review.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 PM

Re: The oddest review I've seen for a guitar -- a jem no less.

What I'd like to know is where he got the 2 extra years from.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 12:08 PM

Reviews: 3

I can tell you now, if you dropped a guitar from a 36th floor balcony onto a hard floor it'd come away with a lot more than some scratches!

Sounds like a load of old rubbish to me. It also sounds like this guy should invest in a hard case.
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 12:27 PM

He also killed an attacking aligator with it, beating the giant reptile repeatedly over the head with it until it finally passed away. Once he pried his mangled leg out of the jaws of the giant beast, he noticed a single small scratch on the headstock of the Jem, that's it.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 12:38 PM

So this guy was in a music store in downtown Manhatten while both towers of the World Trade Center were on fire? Buying a guitar? Some people are crazy. I wonder what he was buying when JFK was assassinated.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abwalsh View Post
So this guy was in a music store in downtown Manhatten while both towers of the World Trade Center were on fire? Buying a guitar? Some people are crazy. I wonder what he was buying when JFK was assassinated.

If I had to guess, and I do, I'd say a pair of heavily quilted left handed '59 Les Pauls in cherry sunburst.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 12:57 PM

I like it how he says his 'friends' dont belive him about the whole story, maybe they should take the world wide web off the psychiatric ward.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Knall View Post
What I'd like to know is where he got the 2 extra years from.
haha yer.
2001 + 8 = 2009

maybe he has a time machine along with his bull**** machine
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 01:41 PM

I had that guitar once that fell off a roof and got all blowed up and stuff...2 weeks later it was still there and it's only got a scratch so i rock mad-skillz on it now...

uhh huh.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 02:14 PM

I used mine to fend off a grizzly attack once.
Not really, but my RG550 was in an apartment that was on fire once. I gave the firemen no choice but to bring it out to me. Was pretty easy really, just looked em in the eye and explaned to em there wasnt a single one of them there that could stop "me" from going in to get it. They couldnt risk it, so they brought it out. Cost me though. There was also over $800 in my "then" girlfriends jewelry box on the dresser that mysteriously dissappeared.

~Ranz~

Nuthin like an Ibanez with that smokey smell
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 02:26 PM

Going by his timeline he was probably buying an LNG when JFK was shot
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 03:22 PM

-----I cant resist.....

I bought my JEM during the London blitz... I was walking down Hackney high street one night when this "gerry" blitzkrieg hit....
luckily I used my 7V to shield me from the blast of the bombs and eventually rode it skateboard stylee on the shockwaves from the tank shells before clubbing many "gerry" to death with it....

funny thing is, I was so taken by the moment that I left it on the street only to return days later and find it still there and completely intact....
well, I must admit that there were a couple of edge dings by the output jack where I managed to hit "gerry" on his coal scuttle helmet.....

also, the old JEM makes a good substitute for my 14lb sledge when knocking down walls, luckily I had it on hand recently when I had lent my proper sledgehammer to a neighbour..... y'know what - I knocked out a 30 square metre wall - double skinned too ! in just under an hour with the trusty old JEM and gosh and darnit - wouldnt ya know the damn thing went out of tune on the high E by about 10 cents.... do you think I should get it looked at ?

EDIT - BTW - thanks for teh comedy Nordhauser - I know its a quote etc.... I wonder who the hell stevevaiuniverse is ?

Last edited by Jaden; 09-24-2007 at 03:27 PM.
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 03:27 PM

Chapstick will soon sort that out J

Good as new
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

No problem.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 04:03 PM

Haha, you guys are making me piss myself!

Tags
ibanez guitars , les paul , les pauls , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode