oh god....plz ur opinions - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

oh god....plz ur opinions

ok heres the deal theres a local music store that carries a jem7dbk and i sent an e-mail asking if they trade and stuff and they said yeah so i called b4 to get the price and they tell me 1,699$ and im like whoa!? thats alot for a older styled jem so i tell em how would you guys like a trade and i'll pay out the rest they're like "what do you got??" and im like a Ibanez rg 1527 I'll gladly pay the rest....they're like "no we have too many 7 strings" and im like......damn! so anyway after that i head in there.....i dont see ONE!!!!!! 7 string not one so i go to the guy and im like "uh sir you guys told me u dont trade just now but i reviced an e-mail syaing u do" and they're like "uh excuse me?" and so i show em and they're like pondering who sent it then some other comes in and tells me "oh we trade but only for like rare guitars and such" and then the other guy goes "well we dont really know much about jems" and im like "well i could rerfer you to a site that shows u everything about the jem" and he's all "well its brand new" and im like uh no "no those guitars are from 99-04" so the guy replies "we got it NEW last year" so i told em "no u didnt....its a 04'" well after much haggling and arguing they're like "well bring ur guitar in and we'll see cause we called ibanez and all we can go is 1,099$" and now im pissed cause theese guys are bullsh|ting me and such and i need someone to help me out here so i can make some points and persaude them into selling it cheaper

any takers??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 05:36 PM

Re: oh god....plz ur opinions

I think $1100 is a good deal on a brand new 7dbk

JEM7DBK - Textured Black
Ibanez Dealer List Price
$1,729.99 list price (price rise 7/1/2004)

Also, I don't see why it's not possible that they could have gotten it new last year. You can still get new 2005 models and it's 2006. Calm down man
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:16 PM

The price does sound right!

But they are giving you a lot of a run around. Hopefully it all works out in the end.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

thanks man the price i9snt the issue but i got an e-mail CONFIRMING they trade anbd they told me on the phone they wouldnt like my guitar cause they have too many 7 strings then i go and theres not a single 7 they had one 1570 (which was GROSS) and when i told em about ym guitar they didnt know much abouit it or the jem and now im hoping they'll do a trade and i can pay the rest off my guitars only 2 weeks old
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_UV777
thanks man the price i9snt the issue but i got an e-mail CONFIRMING they trade anbd they told me on the phone they wouldnt like my guitar cause they have too many 7 strings then i go and theres not a single 7 they had one 1570 (which was GROSS) and when i told em about ym guitar they didnt know much abouit it or the jem and now im hoping they'll do a trade and i can pay the rest off my guitars only 2 weeks old
Well, they'll trade, but if they don't think they will be able to sell your 1570 because they don't find any demand for 7 strings, it's not really a very tempting trade for the shop - a guitar that sits on their wall for twelve months chewing up their line of credit doesn't do their business any good - you've got to see their angle as well. Maybe you should put a deposit on the 7DBK and sell your 1570 on Jemsite or that.... other.....place..........

Good luck,

David McCarroll
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

only thing that bugs me is they had they had TOOOOOOOOOOO many 7 strings....like what? ok thats understandable but i got there and not one 7 not 1!!!! they didnt really know what they we're doing which is why i questioned they're selling judgements i mean the guy spelled it GEM777
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 09:07 PM

If they don't seem to have their act together, you don't trust them or don't like their price then maybe you should just look to buy one somewhere else.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

yeah trouble is i've posted here on jemstie and locally no one has a jem that they want to trade+cash im low on cash on man pops had a stroke and gramps had a heart attack and as for they're act no obviously they dont know how to sell they "claim" they want it out of the store but have had it in there for ONE YEAR or more and like i said no ones got a jem for sale dont blame tho.....
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:01 AM

dude ur posts r killing me you should really at least have sum punctuation other than ... every once in a while in there somewhere really it makes it ez-er to read for mindless numnuts like me it just hurt 2 much to read plez don't take my post the wrong way...I'm not trying to tick u off thanks
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:29 AM

lol @ bpd111

Sounds bad Eddie UV777, sorry to here about your family problems.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

yeah man at this point im low on cash and im looking a jem,its been like my dream guitar since like 6 years ago (been pkaying for 7). and im like to the max here give anything for one,lol even put a post up saying a trade for my 1527 and video iPod and some cash (again cant go really high on cash with the pops and gramps medical thing)
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:09 AM

Hmmmm, first thing you should probably do is take a deep breathe and relax. From your posts I get the feeling you are like a caffined-up hummingbird with ADD. If the store does't want your 7 string they won't take it. There's a good chance 1 is too many at most stores if it's been sitting there for a year and no one looked at it why would they want another. Jems aren;t going anywhere man if you don't get one today they will still be available for years and years. In a previous post you said you wanted an Ebony board, which the DBK and 555 don't have, there's no point in settling for something if it's not what you are really after.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

i just want a jem lol. my offer still stands for jems and i guess i should've re-phrased and put i would perfer an ebony neck, but i'll take what i can get
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 09:25 AM

Sell the 7-string, sell the Ipod, see what you have and then wait for a deal to come up for a beat up older Jem7VWH. In the mean time you can be saving!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 11:43 AM

Uh, when the guy told me he wouldn't trade I was like, "no way", and he was like "way". So I was like "someone from your store emailed me saying you would", and he was like, "no way", and I was like "way".

Tags
david mccarroll , ebony board , ebony neck , ibanez dealer , local music store , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Ibanez s320 opinions?
opinions on duncan JB?
opinions on duncan JB?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode