Ok, I have to ask this question - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Ok, I have to ask this question

I have been wondering this for a while. What is up with the piece of tape on the neck pick up(it is tape that goes between the bobbin cover and the pick guard, it says the word "konx" on it) on Evo, (Steve Vai's baby)? What is that for? It appears that there is a pickup screw under the tape, so what's the deal? I have seen other artists with their neck pick up "taped down" in this manner as well.

What's the scoop?

hotrod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Ok, I have to ask this question

There's a recent thread concerning this--use the search feature...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the links

I did do a search and looked quickly but didn't really see anything on the first page that I was looking for to answer the question. The links answered it very clearly, much appreciated.

hotrod
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
There's a recent thread concerning this--use the search feature...
Two options:

1. Stop whining, and use it yourself for once. Provide some links if you really find the search function that good. Look below your post, it can be done, and it's actually helpful to the one who asks.

2. You know the answer. It's a lot easier for everyone (maybe except you) if you spend equal amount of time sharing correct info instead of sour posts about the search function. I'm sure you can add something about the search function as a signature if you want.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Reviews: 1

I think he uses tape there because sometmes the string gets caught on the edge of the pickup- there's a lip on the bobbin and the tape covers it.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 09:40 AM

Yeah, about the search function:

Lately we have a lot of new threads asking for same old questions. Maybe it isn't clear enough for new members?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Two options:

1. Stop whining, and use it yourself for once. Provide some links if you really find the search function that good. Look below your post, it can be done, and it's actually helpful to the one who asks.

2. You know the answer. It's a lot easier for everyone (maybe except you) if you spend equal amount of time sharing correct info instead of sour posts about the search function. I'm sure you can add something about the search function as a signature if you want.
+1 one that one. getting old quickly. On a board like this as old as it is anything has being asked at one time or another. It really is easier and more helpful to point to a recent topic than always pointing out the search function.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Two options:

The only whining I've seen in this thread is yours. I always point out that search function since there are many folks that don't know it exists. My post was more productive than your rant. But, you're right--I will see if I can include a blurb about the search in my signature. If you don't like a replies some folks make, just move along. There was nothing wrong with my post, plus there was nothing condescending about it--unlike your bitching about it.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Reviews: 4

this was discussed two threads below, no search function needed!!! Here's your sign.......
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 03:20 PM

And with that we reach an end to our program.
Closed Thread

Tags
jem , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode