Ibanez JEM Forum banner

One more question guys - Anyone here from Illinois?

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  trouble311 
#1 ·
Just wondering guys,
Are there any JEMSite users from Illinois?  And if so, do any of them know any place that I can drive that will be a short jaunt from Champaign-Urbana to go play test some higher-end Ibanezes?  The guitar shop here only carries low- to mid-level guitars by the company.  Thanks!

#2 ·
One more question guys

Hey i'm in Chicago. I'm not sure about any places in or around Champaign. In Chicago there are lots of guitar stores but not too many carry high end ibanez. guitar center has a few. (there are like 4 or 5 guitar centers near chicago)
There are some local shops that will ocasionaly have a used Jem
If anyone else knows of guitar places that carry high end ibanez , I'd like to know also.
You should check out Ibanez.com for a list of dealers. Other than that, you'd probably have to find one used at a non-ibanez dealer im guessing?

todd

#3 ·
One more question guys

Griggs Music in the Quad Cities (Bettendorf) has a Jem7VWH and they used to have a Jem7DBK. Other than that, I haven't found anywhere close for Jems. Peoria's Elmore Musical Warehouse carries a lot of high end S-series axes, some RG570's but no Jems. -Andy

(Edited by bachle7 at 11:53 am on July 26, 2001)

(Edited by bachle7 at 11:54 am on July 26, 2001)

#5 ·
One more question guys

Hey, thanks guys! I had heard from a guy I met at the G3 show that Guitar Center had a few JEMs in Chicago, but I don't feel the need to drive that far....but I might check out those other places....Peoria is a little better for me, and I have some friends in the Quad Cities, so....thanks a bundle bros!

#8 ·
One more question guys

all i really do is surf around until i find what i'm looking for. go under all the search engines....yahoo, excite, etc. and enter jem 7vwh for example. it will bring up tons of stuff from who owns it to who sells it. personal websites and stores. that is how i find my stuff. also ebay...stores sell stuff online just like end users do. they are getting easier to find on ebay now. that is how i found my DNA. i was looking for another guitar, found it on ebay, it was a store selling it. they also said they had a DNA. you luck into things. this place was in NY, maggio music. tell them steve from chicago (aka Paul Gilbert sent ya.) they are the best. ask for michael jr.

#9 ·
One more question guys

I found a DBK at the Local Sam ash, but I rarely see too many Jems at ANY of the GC's they always seem to carry the low end stuff... I'm in the Orland Park Area so the Burbank GC is quickest for me to get to and then Sam Ash is 4 blocks down the street from the center...
Seems slim pickings for high end stuff, Make n' Music handles more high end gear but they are in Chicago, not too close to Champaign / Urbana :(
Bamm

#11 ·
One more question guys

I'm in Madison WI, about two and a half hours northwest of Chicago...I was surprised to find out that in town of Madison's size (250,000) there are zero dealers who deal high end Ibanez guitars...had to drive down to Chicago to try out a 7VWH at Guitar Center (awesome guitar btw)

when I buy I'm planning on buying from Rich

#12 ·
One more question guys

yeah, rich is your best bet. i forgot the link to maggio. do a search for it. i think it's www.maggiomusic.net good luck. occasionally guitar center by me in the NW burbs has a jem in. someone is always trading. a jem7vwh came in and left after about a month. they come and go. i bought a jem7vdy there. never thought i would see one there. shoulda kept it but oh well. i won't buy from GC...bunch of ________!!! unless it is a killer deal i will buy from them but i would rather not. and there are never any killer deals. they rape the hell out of you. i bought a minidisk recorder multitrack once for $1200 and they were going for $1300. 4 months later i wanted to upgrade. they said they would give me $180 for it!!!! i laughed. bastards.

#13 ·
One more question guys

Well i was just at the guitar center in chicago and they have the universe with the mirror pickguard, a dbk, and a jem7vwh. The DBK was going for $899 and you probably could talk them down cause it's guitar center (i dont like them either..)
They also have two JS1000s, one of them was used. The price they are asking for the 7vwh is ridiculous.

#14 ·
One more question guys

the Jem 7VWH I played at the Guitar center in Chicago is a nice one...they were talking $1799 for it and that doesn't include the case! pretty silly to not include the case but thats Guitar Center for ya...then the guy started talking his "well just for you I'll see what I can do, I'll have to really be going against the rules here to the point where I could be putting my job in jeopardy but for you I'll see if I can get you the case included at that price..."

:)

and here Musicians Friend (which is owned by Guitar Center) sells the 7VWH (with a case) for less than that...and THAT'S not the best price you can get

as I said I'm planning on buying from Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.