One thing I would Change about a Jem - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

One thing I would Change about a Jem

Theres a few things I would change.. Like the middle pickup is always in the way of my pick, so i have to lower it way down. I would also change the volume and tone knobs. Have them look the same just made out of a polished elephant tusk or something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Re: One thing I would Change about a Jem

If the knobs look the same, why make them 100 times more expensive? Are the Jem's too cheap?
post #3 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 08:50 PM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepplayguitar View Post
Theres a few things I would change.. Like the middle pickup is always in the way of my pick, so i have to lower it way down. I would also change the volume and tone knobs. Have them look the same just made out of a polished elephant tusk or something like that.
Yeah, Ibanez sure could do with slaughtering some more elephants. Sometimes I just wish that crappy plastic switch tip was a two carat diamond, or at least the tooth of some endangered mammal. I just love that morbid tambre.
post #4 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 09:11 PM

very nice
post #5 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 09:14 PM

I wish there were a Jem with a Baby Seal Fur Finish that came with a case lined with the fur of a White Bengal Tiger.
post #6 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Dee

One thing I would change about Jemsite is threads like this.
post #7 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 09:19 PM

Come on guys, there's no reason to club baby seals or skin Bengal Tigers. Just use your Jem to bludgeon a bag full of kittens and make the knobs from recycled midgets and everyone will be happy
post #8 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 09:50 PM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepplayguitar View Post
Why do we need to kill animals for instruments. Id like my strings made out of the intestines of a rat. I hear they are tough and last long.

The only thing that needs changing about the Jem is the price. So i can buy a few of them....
post #9 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
The only thing that needs changing about the Jem is the price. So i can buy a few of them....

If it will save the lives of a few animals then I am willing to pay a lower price for top notch guitars
post #10 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 PM

Yeah, lower prices. For a top notch guitar (the Jem) that the average joe can own...uh huh. 3,000.00$ for a black Jem. No thanks. Can I exchange that for the "keep it"?
post #11 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 PM

Actually I can't believe that musicians would ever buy an instrument that involves killing an animal to make it. Killing an animal is like the anti music. Nuts.
post #12 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Dee

I'm guessing you're a vegetarian, IbanezFreak?
post #13 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:13 PM

I dont see the relationship between killing animals and music.
Does being a hunter or fisher somehow prevent music from being made?
post #14 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:45 PM

Ted Nugent kills a lot of animals and rocks hard so they are not mutually exclusive.
post #15 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
I dont see the relationship between killing animals and music.
Does being a hunter or fisher somehow prevent music from being made?
No it doesn't prevent, but the act of killing can have an affect on you as a person, be it good or bad depending on whether or not you enjoy killing animals or not. But this will have an affect on the way music is expressed from you.

Lets say your a hunter and love killing ducks, you just love it. You love killing them with your bare hands, with a gun, with a bow an arrow, you love hearing them scream when you strangle them etc... and after all that killing you like to make sweet music and record it. (sounds perverted already)

Then I on the other hand who have owned pet ducks and would never kill them, go outside and spend time with the ducks feeding them, observing how they interact with their family members, and then come to a realisation that they do have feelings and can feel pain, i realise that the world is a beautiful place etc.... then i go and write music. (I am inspired by life) the only difference between the 2 of us and the music that we make is that you like killing ducks and I have a respect for them.

The music might not be any different or they may be very different, but its your essence that is put into the music and your essence is tainted with death and killing no matter how sweet your music may sound.

"Please everyone Elcid never said he was a hunter i was just using it as an example"

and yes I am a vegetarian. I am also not religious but Thou shalt not kill refers to all living creaters. It doesn't say Thou shalt not kill humans but animals is ok.....

Tags
dot inlay , dot inlays , fixed bridge , gold knobs , jumbo frets , les paul , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip , steve vai , ted nugent , toggle switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode