Online Escrow - ...my (way too detailed) experience... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Online Escrow - ...my (way too detailed) experience...

Rich brought this up in my BFP thread, so I'll just start anew here...

I've used online escrow a bunch of times. *For anything that's more than $200 where condition can be very subjective I think it's worth it. *I started with iescrow.com, which is now called tradenable.com.

It's super super easy. *All you have to do is give them very basic info about yourself and your transaction. *You definitely have to work out the details between buyer and seller beforehand...buying price, shipping cost and evaluation period in which you have to 'accept or decline' the merchandise.

Once I put the transaction info in, they send him an e-mail saying 'kenny says these are the terms of the sale, do you agree?'. *He can change them (if something got messed up) or accept them.

once he accepts them, they ask me (the buyer) for money - they can take credit cards, which comes in a close-second as to why I use it...or you can send them a check or money order, but that takes extra time, obviously.

Once I give them my CC info, they send him another e-mail that says 'okay - kenny paid - send him the stuff'. *When he ships it, he goes back to the site and enters the Tracking number - the company sends me an e-mail saying that he shipped, here's the tracking # and let us know when you get it. *Once you get it, you check it out for however long you feel is necessary, within the terms of the deal. *If you like it, you release the funds to the seller. *

It's very very simple and safe and it works nicely for everyone involved. *He'll probably get his check 7-10 days from now. *

The escrow for this particular purchase, $700+30 shipping was an extra $29.xx. *i'm not sure if it's 3% or 5% - too tired to figure it out, but that's money well spent if the item you received is not as promised.

can i go to bed now?
~Kenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 09:29 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Online Escrow

congrats on the guitar and thanks for the info. I'll add this to the "buying safe" area of jemsite|buy&sell ...glen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode