Open Q to Rich..... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Open Q to Rich.....

I'm sure you've been asked this before but I'm curious anyway...

How did you come to buying/selling guitars? It's something that interests me. Not sure where to start, other than pulling together the greenbacks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Vendor

I was walking backwards one day not paying the world any attention and I fell into this bottomless pit that seems to never end!

Actually I got a bug up my ass to collect guitars, later to find out this is called GAS, and it became a necessity to become a dealer to hunt them full time. If you're not inside the game you're outside trying to look in
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 05:05 AM

Thats such a cool little story, and the end part is quite true!
Gary - The.Godfather
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Sounds much like any other small business, Rich. You love to do a certain thing and then after the pixie dust settles and you find yourself back in reality...realizing that you have bills to pay, mouths to feed....suddenly attempting to do that something for a living that you find enjoyable becomes a 24 hour thing. Sounds like my kinda thing.

I'm a web designer and I hate working under the rule of 'the man'...it's worse in the land of the good ole' boy network....so I'm starting a solo project with hopes to do it full time. It has nothing to do with reselling guitars, I know...but the idea is the same.

I keep hoping one day that I may find some yard sale with some old lady selling a 50's era les paul that belonged to her son before he died 10 years ago. :::sigh:::

Tags
les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode