Ordered a GMC body - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
Ordered a GMC body

Im excited for this one

ordered off "www.extremeswirls.com" I'll get some good sunlight pictures when I get it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 06:42 PM

Re: Ordered a GMC body

Speaking of GMC's, that one Bryancap77 was selling went for just shy of $3300 today. Pretty nice deal for someone. I was the high bidder for basically the whole auction until right around three and a half minutes left. That's when the people who were serious about buying it showed up LOL.

GMC body looks pretty decent. Now what you need is a 777VBK neck to go with it
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Speaking of GMC's, that one Bryancap77 was selling went for just shy of $3300 today. Pretty nice deal for someone. I was the high bidder for basically the whole auction until right around three and a half minutes left. That's when the people who were serious about buying it showed up LOL.

Thats crazy man, I LOVE GMC's, but I dont think I could cough up 3300 for one.

Yeah this swirl doesnt look half bad, the only "bad" part about it is the lack of swirling on the treble side by the pickups. that will be broken up by the hardware though, so I think it will look gorgeous when its finished.

the back on this one looks great too!

check out this one! haha

Last edited by linuxpenguin; 08-18-2011 at 07:07 PM.
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 07:11 PM
NSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Like this one, which was the item sold right before it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
Yeah this swirl doesnt look half bad, the only "bad" part about it is the lack of swirling on the treble side by the pickups. that will be broken up by the hardware though, so I think it will look gorgeous when its finished.
I dunno...you have a real nice pattern there, lots of balanced lines. If it was like that completely, it would look too synthetic. It's not as bad as Jibboom's. But then again, I see that as a postive...nothing to stop you from doodling on some acetate and sticking to the underside of the pick guard
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

lol i THINK thats a compliment... thanks!
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 07:20 PM
NSR

Was a compliment to them both!
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR View Post
Like this one, which was the item sold right before it?
Wow, no kidding. Didn't even see that one. $770 is not a bad price for that. That's an actual GMC neck, not a VBK neck. Not that there's any difference other than the stamp on the heel...
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 07:39 PM
NSR

I dunno...all the Jem necks of similar models are of a slightly different shape one way or another. They all have their little quirks and personalities - no two are really the same. But like you say, this has a stamp.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 07:53 PM
NSR

Having a good look at that swirl, it looks like there's a Salvador Dali type face at the top left. At the back, you have something similar going on using the neck bolt holes for eyes...lol!
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR View Post
I dunno...all the Jem necks of similar models are of a slightly different shape one way or another. They all have their little quirks and personalities - no two are really the same. But like you say, this has a stamp.
I currently own a GMC and owned a VBK before that for the because this exact idea (build a GMC). I sold the VBK when I got the GMC but had both for a short time. They are exactly the same necks.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
Im excited for this one

ordered off "www.extremeswirls.com" I'll get some good sunlight pictures when I get it!
You know--the fellow running that site and doing those swirls is a member here.

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
You know--the fellow running that site and doing those swirls is a member here.

Im aware. Hes not a vendor yet, so I thought I would plug his good work for giving me a good swirl... not too many people can pull off the ATD GMC look... hell, it looks better then most ATD swirls I've seen.

edit:

guys... the jem necks are all hand finished. By all merits they should all be "different".
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 08:31 AM

Ya, I was surprised the gmc didn't sell for more dude. I wish it woulda been yours jesse!!!! :/ why didn't you bid higher! :P
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Vendor

I didn't bid more because of the high shipping, and you didn't specify which case, which made me assume it wasn't a pink lined
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 10:34 AM

Shipping fully insured is expensive as hell bro! It was the first thing I've sold on eBay, so I thought literally. And a correct assumption my friend well, honestly selling on eBay is ALOT easier than I expected. the buyer paid me 10 minutes after the auction ended! It was the easiest transaction I've ever had lol I didn't even have to pay any eBay fees because it's all free this month

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode