Ordering a JS10!!! - FINALLY - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Ordering a JS10!!! - FINALLY

Well I LOVED the JS1000 I got so much that I am sending it to HERC to have a Donnie paintjob and cool Donnie inlays done to it. At the same time instead of rebuying the BFP and another JEM I am going to breakdown and finally get a JS10!!!! I cant wait I know of all the problems people have with the flaking so I guess my main question is....... What are some of the solutions you guys have come up with (aside from not playing it). Clear tape like Joe? (or is that a chrome sticker?)....... tell me tell me tell me.

Fortunately I pick rather lightly when playing so I know that will help a little. But I kinda dig the way Joe's looks "worn in" you know? Where his arm rests on it and where he picks. The cool thing is that it still looks kickin and you can only see all those scuffs from certain angles. Other angles it still looks brand new!!

So anyways..... Dump it all out here on the table. All the JS10 players, *what have you done to keep your JS10 going when it starts to peel and flake?

Rikk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 04:36 PM

Ordering a JS10!!!

Congrats dude! The 10th rocks! I got one, and i "play the s**t" out of it! I've been thinking like if your going to use so much money on a guitar, you can't be like " Oh, no, I can't touch it, costs too much"... OK, I know many folks thinks the opposite! Well, I play it, and some flakes has come of, but it doesn't matter, because it is where I rest my arm, so it doesn't show... Haven't made any "pickguard". I love it! Again, congrats!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Ordering a JS10!!!

Wow so it started flaking where your arm rests? Whts it look like under the flaking?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 11:16 AM

Ordering a JS10!!!

It's kinda weird, cause you can't feel that some of it's missing.. You only see it, but can't feel it... I'm _not_ a guy with good guitar knowledge, so I can't say what's under, but it seems like som kinda plastic layer, put over he wood... Rich, got a clue? Yeah, it has lost a tiny flake where my arm rest, I guess I played some "deep s**t heavy/ hardcore" stuff, with a lot of fast picking or heavy riffs. It shouldn't "fallen" of then either but... Really, I don't know I didn't notice at once, so I don't know how or when it happend. *

(Edited by satch at 10:17 am on Oct. 18, 2001)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 01:06 PM

Ordering a JS10!!!

The body of the JS10th is Luthite...not wood. *I think it's kind of a plastic/fiberglass polymer type of composite. *That way, it won't shrink/expand like wood does. *So, what you're seeing is probably the luthite underneath. *

There used to be a product that could be purchased that would probably work great as a pickguard on a JS10th. *It was designed for classical/flamenco guitarists. *A clear plastic, static guard that is removable. *I've got one somewhere at home-I'll try to find it an will post the info when I do. *I'll try it on my JS10th to see how it works.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Ordering a JS10!!!

Hmmm interesting. A static guard. So that way you can platy the hell out of it then take it off when yu put the JS10 back on your rack for display without a scratch!! I LIKE IT!!!!!! *:-)

PLEASE let me know. :-)

*Rikk
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 02:24 PM
Vendor

Ordering a JS10!!!

http://www.bodi-gard.com/

The site was hit by Nimba though, it's still not up almost a month later.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 03:05 PM

Ordering a JS10!!!

hey guys,
Im considering getting a js1000.Ive tried a badly set-up one already.
I think the neck is great. My friend (abroad) owns ones a the tone is incredible,however, he says the Fred is very low output and the toggle switch is a problem. Are these a usual occurence? and do you think a js1000 is worth the cash over a Jem bsb?
Thanks,
p.s. Does anyone know where to get the donnie paint job done?
thanks again
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Ordering a JS10!!!

The JS1000 kicks butt!! I have no problems with my toggle switch. The FRED is a little lower output than the EVO's but it rocks just as well. The JS1000 is a tone monster. Killer guitar in all respects!!!

Be careful on the BSB. Its a great sounding guitar but it leaves some blue stain on you just about every time you play it!! *

Herc does the Donnie paint job for $495.00 plus shipping. Ed Roman does one for like a million dollars or something :silly:

*Rikk
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 03:52 PM

Ordering a JS10!!!

Thanks for the advice Rikk. Which of the two has better playability?Is the Donnie paint job avaible in the UK?
thanks alot

(Edited by Circles at 7:53 pm on Oct. 18, 2001)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-18-2001, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Ordering a JS10!!!

You would have to ask Herc about the availability of the paintjob. The REAL Donnies are out of production.

Both guitars have great playability but the blue stain coming off the JEM7BSB is REALLY annoying especially if you want to use it live.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 01:55 PM

Ordering a JS10!!!

Thanks rikk

Tags
jem bsb , killer guitar , sounding guitar , toggle switch , tone monster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode