Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Original Bolt On neck put on AANJ body? Rich? - is it possib

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jemsite 
#1 ·
Hi, I wanted to know if you can take a neck thats original bolt on, lets say a fender strat, and get the neck fixed and put it on an ibanez AANJ body like a jem?

for instance, I have a fender strat, I want to take the orignal bolt on style neck off the fender. Sand/chop/modify the bolt on attachment part so it can fit AANJ neck system, and get a jem body, and put the fender neck on it

is it possible to do this?

and is it possible to just buy a jem7vwh or any jem body w/o the neck and w/o any electronics,
just the lo pro edge trem?

thanks

(Edited by Captain Ron at 10:07 pm on Jan. 19, 2002)

#2 ·
Original Bolt On neck put on AANJ body? Rich?

Captain Ron on 9:55 pm on Jan. 19, 2002
Hi, I wanted to know if you can take a neck thats original bolt on, lets say a fender strat, and get the neck fixed and put it on an ibanez AANJ body like a jem?
No. it is not practical to do this on an AANJ ibanez. Would work great with the original heel joint.

for instance, I have a fender strat, I want to take it off the fender. Sand/chop/modify the bolt on attachment part so its an AANJ neck, and get a jem body, and put the fender neck on it
first, you'd need a 24-fret 25.5" scale strat neck. Then, you'd have to modify the fender neck to have the same pocket dimensions as the Ibanez neck (not tough) then fill in under the fretboard if necessary... sort of what i did with this old-style JEM neck.

and is it possible to just buy a jem7vwh or any jem body w/o the neck and w/o any electronics?
not from ibanez.

just the lo pro edge trem?
you can buy this from ibanez dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.