The Original Ibanez Jem777LNG Prototype - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
MM

The Original Ibanez Jem777LNG Prototype

Hi Folks,

Mikey here from Vai.com.

Some of you may know that Stan Schiller, Steve's guitar tech during the Skyscrpaer and Whitesnake tours, is selling the original Green Jem - the one with the vine-inlay neck. [2576840636]

While doing a little looking around Jemsite (I'm helping Stan with the auction) I came accross this image below:

The original Jem prototype Steve gave to Stan has a number of similarities... and I'm wondering if the two jems are one and the same.

Steve's Original Jem has a small hole below and to the left side below the monkey grip, and it appears that it once had the pickguard illustrated in the photo at the top. It now has a standard pickguard.

The lions claw on the Jem pictured above is hand-routed, and appears to be an extension of the trem cut-out on the Jem at the top.

The Jem Stan is selling also comes with the original broken pyramid-inlay neck.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting. Would love to hear your opinions.

If you'd like to see more images of the Jem777LNG prototype, you can go here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 06:24 PM

How I would love to get my hands on that...its a piece of history!
-better shred than dead-ANDY
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 06:29 PM

Love the vine on that LGN.........
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 07:32 PM

I can't view eBay at work...what's it going for right now?
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 08:57 PM

14,999.00 and no bids? hmmmm. i dont care who owned it at one time. i wouldnt pay it even if i could
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMOUS
14,999.00 and no bids? hmmmm. i dont care who owned it at one time. i wouldnt pay it even if i could

good for you, it's a piece of guitar history, and being promoted here by someone from the Vai camp. Sorry if I come across as a jerk, but I thought that comment was wholey innappropriate. Compared to the burnt montery strat of hendrix's that sold for $600,000 or some stupid number this is a bargain and a very cool piece of rock and roll history!!
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 10:12 PM

If I could I would. But I can't so I shant. It's nice to see it though, and photographed in such glorious detail.

Makes me think a coffee table book of Steve's guitars would be a kickass idea.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Considering this is a prototype for one of the best guitars ever designed i would think thats a low selling starting bid.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 11:50 PM

[quote="littlegreenman"]
Quote:
Quote:
I thought that comment was wholey innappropriate.
THIS ISNT MEANT TO START AN ALL OUT ARGUEMENT

i didnt want to ruffle any feathers but that was just MY opinion and i am entitled to have one on the subject .and just so you know i do agree that it is a peice of musical(guitar) history but in my opinion so was Nikki sixx' spector bass that was on evil bay recently( one of only 10 ), but its not a prototype jem i know.

i guess i must not be as big of a fan of steve vai and ibanez as i thought since i didnt fall out of my chair when i seen it. now if it was Les Paul's "log" then i would steal enough money to buy it( Thats an important guitar IMO)
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Vendor

Quote:
now if it was Les Paul's "log" then i would steal enough money to buy it( Thats an important guitar IMO)
Hmmm, for that kinda cash I'm thinking Federal Reserve. Got to be a 10 man job at the least. Anybody else game?
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Quote:
now if it was Les Paul's "log" then i would steal enough money to buy it( Thats an important guitar IMO)
Hmmm, for that kinda cash I'm thinking Federal Reserve. Got to be a 10 man job at the least. Anybody else game?
im thinking we could get jobs there ,and then we could pull an inside job much easier (trust me about inside jobs) lol
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 02:24 AM

I'm in, as long as I get to buy the farm in a last-stand style shootout with the FDA, but it provides sufficient enough a distraction for youse guys to make off with the loot.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 02:26 AM
Vendor

I don't think the guys at the Food and Drug Administration carry guns.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 03:38 AM

Gimmie a break, I'm Australian.

I think I meant the tobacco guys who wailed on Waco. What were they again? Eh, I don't care, FDA is funnier
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 03:44 AM
Vendor

Ahhh, the ATF. Alcohol Tobacco and FIREARMS

oops: apologies for the erronious OT! I'll bring it back on topic,

If I had $20mil to spare I wouldn't think twice about buying that for the collection!

Tags
darren wilson , guitar tech , les paul , monkey grip , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode