Original Jem/Universe necks. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Original Jem/Universe necks.

I need a little help from you guys.

I have had a 2 original Ibanez necks laying around for many years, plan was to maybe do something with them one day or use them if something breaks.
But I have sort of realized that it will never happen, they will be laying there until someone clears out my estate :-)
I thought it maybe something other people would like to have, or maybe not, I just don't know. But have no idea of what stuff like that sell for, I mean, do people pay 10 dollar or 500 dollar for them?

The necks are original, in next to never used, Ibanez necks.
One JEM7V (stamped 2001 on the neck heal, but 2002 on the serial number).
Ebony fret board. No visual fret wear.

One Universe (I think the stamp on the neck heal says UV777, very hard to read) with disappearing pyramid inlays, rosewood. No visual fret wear.
Original Gotoh tuners.

If want to sell these, what should I ask for it? A in between price, not silly cheap and not expensive. I have no interest in stuff like Ebay (have never even visited ebay).
In the country where do you never see Ibanez necks for sale, so I have noting to compare too.

This is NOT an auction, is ask for your help.

/Magnus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 07:51 AM

Re: Original Jem/Universe necks.

An original UV neck is very hard to find so it should be worth a tidy sum and an original Jem neck aint cheap either.
I'm sure Rich will chime in here with values.
I wouldn't accept any offers until you find the real value.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
An original UV neck is very hard to find so it should be worth a tidy sum and an original Jem neck aint cheap either.
I'm sure Rich will chime in here with values.
Thanks for your answer!
I hope Rich will give me some advice here then.

They will be sold here and on a Swedish forum I visit.
Ebay are not an option for me.

/Magnus
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Vendor

List prices on new necks have gone up with the guitar prices. List on a VWH neck is probably closer to $2000 now. I had to buy a RG3570 neck last year and list on it was $1360. Not that any of that matter to what you can actually sell it for.

Condition is key of course, top dollar they'd have to be MINT with good relief profile. And speed of sale always dependent on pricing. The JEM neck is 56mm which is tougher to get, and ebony. Current new rosewood neck would be in the $700-900 range. The UV isn't model specific with the black head and probably $500-$750.
Rich is online  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 10:42 AM

Reviews: 2

FWIW- I sold my '98 UV777 neck here on Jemsite for $600. The neck was in excellent condition. I sold it almost 3 years ago.........
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 11:23 AM

Three different ebony board Jems have sold recently in the $1000-1250 range. A really nice '98 was listed twice at $1399 and $1350 and finally sold when he dropped the price to $1250.

One with some chips sold for $1150 and then a pretty nice '98 got only a single bid at $1000.

So considering what an entire guitar with case is going for, I'm not sure what you'd be able to get for just a neck.

UV777's sold recently have a bigger spread in values but a pretty nice '97 went for around $900 and there are others not moving at $1200.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 11:46 AM

I pad $250 of a UV777 neck just like the one you have a few months ago in mint shape.
It had no hardware on it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your answers guys! Much appreciated.

It is hard if you have no idea, you don't want to "not sell it" by being silly expensive but not be stupid to yourself either. I thought putting them up for 100 US dollar, but now I think I can get a little more. Condition on the necks are very good.

I putt up a sale tread and try 500 for each.

Thanks guys!

cheers
Magnus
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 02:42 PM

I think you could get $500 for the Jem neck but I don't think you'll see that for the Universe neck. I recently got an MIJ PGM neck for $150.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 02:56 PM

With the strong us dollar you won't get much SEK.
For you it's better posting an askingprice in SEK.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 02:57 PM

Sebastian it's unbelievable how cheap you find your stuff!!

Tags
jem , necks , universe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode