Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Orignal 777 case or not?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  jono 
#1 ·
Hello! I just bought a collectors quality 1989 777 sk. I was told it had the original case. Is this the correct case that they were released with? Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Red stitching so it's an overseas case.

This is one of the most common questions, it should be in FAQ.

There was no case given with JEM's except for the LNG. Every case had to be purchased. In the US the recommended case for that would have been a JEM1000C which were made in the Canada and later the US. The rest of the world got cases from Japan so whether the chainsaw case, which is what that is [forget model number] or the M150C would have been "recommended" cases. But it didn't come with the guitar. There was no original case unless you have a receipt that says that case was bought with the guitar.

#10 ·
UK dealers at least seemingly always sold the guitar in those cases. I don't know if it was an "optional extra" or a UK distributer "requirement" or just good business practice... If a JEM over here from back then DIDN'T have that case, I'd think something was up...

#3 ·
Thanks for the help! I’m in the USA and it came from the Netherlands. My wife bought it for my birthday because she knew I was drooling over it. I’m sure you have seen this one. It has the green, yellow and pickups. I was told it came from the collection that had several DNA guitars. Can you tell me anything about it? You’re the encyclopedia 😀

#5 ·
Very nice sk! Sorry, my post was confusing. I’m in the USA and my wife just bought my SK, and it came from the Netherlands. It’s the one that has the pickups replaced with the yellow, green, and pink pickups. I was told mine came from a big collection over seas. The guy who owned it had many of the DNA guitars (at least 12?). I was also told this collector didn’t play, but collected them for the art of it. I was curious if you knew the collection (or maybe about my guitar). You are the most knowledgeable guy out there!

#7 ·
Bertus had 19, he's sold off a few, I sold many of them to him, I have no idea if he owned any other Ibanez at all, he only bought DNA's. But I hate to say, any guitar with changed pickups has lost alot of it's value. Even if you can find a perfectly matched set to replace them with. If you like it as it is and are OK with the price that's all that matters. But it's not original.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.