OVERPAID FOR MY PMC? - my pmc arrived today! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

OVERPAID FOR MY PMC? - my pmc arrived today!

finaly, she is here all the way from germany. and not dammaged as bad as the pics looked, thank god.the chips in the body arent nearly as bad as they looked, the headstock chip isnt as big as i thought. my grand total was $2970, sure i overpaid a little, but i have an original( ive already pulled the neck). this thing hasnt been playd much at all, the neck plate is barely worn, the pink tip isnt worn at all, bridge is faded only on the low e saddle.i am very happy with it, considering a lot of the money spent on it was profit from items ive sold to over bidders!(im shure we've all done it at least once.) *out of 271, how many are accounted for? any of you guys in the charlotte nc area? this is the first multicolor ive seen in person, i'd like to compare mine to another. * * * * * * * *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 08:11 PM

OVERPAID FOR MY PMC?

When you see that the new VSBL Jem is listed at $2499, I believe your deal was not as bad as some could have said here... Personnaly, PMC's are my favourite Jems, but it's true that I'd never spend such an amount for a guitar. Anyway, if you love her, that's the important !!! Enjoy !
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 08:41 PM

OVERPAID FOR MY PMC?

Congrats on the PMC! :mc:

As long as you love it, it really doesn't matter if you feel you've overpaid or not....just enjoy it! *:biggrin:
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 11:58 PM
rvj

OVERPAID FOR MY PMC?

Congrats!!! That PMC had a nice swirl if I remember correctly. As far as price, don't worry about it. There were other bidders that were willing to offer just as much. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters. Enjoy! --rvj
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2002, 12:03 PM

OVERPAID FOR MY PMC?

Congrats !!!! :thumbsup: arty:

Feel free to show us some pics.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2002, 01:38 PM

OVERPAID FOR MY PMC?

Congrats fellow PMC'er

I bid on that puppy in the 'early' days of this auction and rather naievely thought I'd bag a second PMC for my collection! Greedy boy.

Anyhow, I'm delighted that you're pleased with your purchase. As to what you paid for it then I'd not sweat about it. The age old adage here that "a 'thing' is worth what only someone else is prepared to pay for it" applies here. You set the standard for future PMC's that's for sure. If memory serves me right I think this was perhaps only the second (or third?) PMC that popped up on ebay last year so the rarity factor will always drive up the price. As time goes by I feel confident in saying that your guitar will seem something of a bargain.

I posted a couple of other points about the desirability of this instrument in the buy/sell thread at the time and I think my comments have been borne out.

Hope to see this instrument at Jemfest (Orlando) this year!!

-ade
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2002, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

OVERPAID FOR MY PMC?

Thanks guys, i'll try my best to make the jemfest. i didnt realize how popular these guitars were, until i decided to start looking for a pmc, so this stuff is all new to me. i also have a 91bfp that i bought new, it is near mint, also an 89vsk that i got on ebay for $455 that had been spray-bombed blue. i have wet-sanded it to the original paint, but it still dosent look that great. i would love to see my pmc on here, were do i email the pics to?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-19-2002, 07:11 PM

OVERPAID FOR MY PMC?

I'd guess that http://www.ibanezregister.com would like to have a formal submission for your guitar, there are a few PMC's on there from around the world...

As far as I know there is no formal list similar to the DNA register that Darren has done on the ATD website. It's always worth mailing Darren anyway with some good pics as he does ask for copies for his JEM gallery.... it is after all his work that you shelled out for!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 06:16 PM

OVERPAID FOR MY PMC?

Thanks Ade
Definatly interested in some pictures and info. shall i start a register for the PMC's? as Ade knows i'm a fellow swirlie owned and i have a PAW jem777 coming over within the week.

:mc:
jerry
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 07:00 PM

OVERPAID FOR MY PMC?

Archer, congrats on the PMC!!!! Thats kewl!!!
Also, congrats on the VSK, I think you had emailed me about it at one point. *If you want it refinished in the pink, I have the exact color and can do the refinish for you, I was bidding on that guitar too, but I forgot about the auction and lost it!!!! DRAT!!!!!

Tags
neck plate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode