Painted a pyramid on my guitar case - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Painted a pyramid on my guitar case

I decided to add some color to the outside of my case this past week. I think the colors turned out decent. I decided to do this because there was somebody's name, stenciled in white paint, across the bottom. I tried everything, including brake fluid and naptha to remove the name, but nothing would work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jemcasepaint.jpg (66.0 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 09:47 PM

Re: Painted a pyramid on my guitar case

I think it turned out cool.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
I think it turned out cool.
Thanks, it looks a lot more neon and brighter in person, and the camera angle makes the left side seem a little bit stretched, but it is proportionally correct.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 12:50 AM

Reviews: 2

That's cool as hell man........... I like it- very original, but still perfectly fitting to the guitar.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 02:13 AM

Reviews: 1

looks good... great cover up.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 03:39 AM

Great job.
It looks like it belongs there.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 05:46 AM

Reviews: 3

Ibanez must take your idea for serial production and pay you royalties for that!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 05:48 AM

Reviews: 3

Vai once had a custom case with the FP fabric pattern on it; I saw that somewhere, maybe on the Sex and Religion Tourbook.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 08:29 AM

Very nice job man... If I could paint I'd copy your idea...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 08:53 AM

It looks good!

My only concern would be on a general basis, I prefer to bring guitars in cases that are easy to spot but are without hints of what's inside. I think branding your case with a high value name may increase the chances for it to be stolen. Of course, the pyramid on its own would only make sense to people who know about Jems, and they should also know that no case came with a pyramid like that.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 10:34 AM

Cool and simple idea
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
It looks good!

My only concern would be on a general basis, I prefer to bring guitars in cases that are easy to spot but are without hints of what's inside. I think branding your case with a high value name may increase the chances for it to be stolen. Of course, the pyramid on its own would only make sense to people who know about Jems, and they should also know that no case came with a pyramid like that.
You make a good point, and I think that could be an issue, however the guitar and case you see in the picture, 99% of the time, stays at home. 25 years ago when I was on the road, all of our equipment, including the equipment truck, road cases, amps, etc., did not have any insignia on them that would draw any attention. The only item of any value that got stolen, was a sweet Desert Crackle Charvel of mine, and I still get upset when I think about it. Oh, and pawning off my '89 777sk when I was broke for a few hundred bucks doesn't sit well either.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 08:41 AM

Very cool! How did you do it? I have an older Jem case where the pink logo was kind of scratched up. I took a pink Marvy Deco Color paint pen and touched it up. Looks as good as new now.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Very cool! How did you do it? I have an older Jem case where the pink logo was kind of scratched up. I took a pink Marvy Deco Color paint pen and touched it up. Looks as good as new now.
Good idea, i was wondering what to do with the pink logo. Mine is kinda scuffed up to. For the pyramid, i covered up the white painted stencil name with flat black spray paint. Then i used blue painters tape and masked off the pyramid shape to the size i wanted. Sprayed a couple coats of flat white and let that dry up for about 24hrs. Then masked off the yellow area, and used rustoleum flourescent green spray paint and did a few coats. Let dry 24 hrs, mask off the green and do the same with the rustoleum yellow. Only a few light coats of the color or it will be too dark and not glow enough. Then a few coats of gloss clear to finish. Carefull removing tape so edges don't peel and your done!

Tags
guitar case , jem777dy , paint , pyramid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode