pickguard pickups vs direct body mont pickups! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

pickguard pickups vs direct body mont pickups!

Hello guys;I've got one fp and one bfp and I always wonder why you say in jemsite :

"Note the original Florals (and Blue Florals) had the pickups mounted directly to the clear pickguard (as per Steve's preference). Somewhere in the mid '90s however Ibanez has changed this to direct body mount for the pickups as per the JEM77PMC/GMC guitars."

What's the difference between pickups mounted directly to the clear pickguard and direct body mount for the pickups ?

I use to have a rg 450 with pickups mounted directly to the clear pickguard but I cannot compare with my two direct body mount florals!

Could anyone tell me how the way the pickups are monted affect the sound of the guitar?
Thanks
JS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 08:54 AM

Hiya JS
try not to post duplicate threads in different forums

you have this thread

and this one
http://www.jemsite.insomnia-vhosting...ic.php?t=12415
asking the same question

(this is in the FAQ btw)

I have tried a BFP with direct mounts and one with pickguard mounted pups and preferred the pickguard mounted pups.
To my ears there was a 'better' sound with the pick guard mounted ones. Then again I was more used to the sound from the pickguard mounted pickups.

Why dont you buy an old pickguard and try it for yourself with your jems?

Cheers

Simon
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 08:57 AM

you could always try a search on jemsite and see if there are any previous threads on this topic
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Sorry, I won't be a naughty boy again!
Thanks
JS
PS : I try but didn't find it, may be I have to be more patient...
Closed Thread

Tags
mounted pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode