Picture after modification on my Swirl Custom - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Picture after modification on my Swirl Custom

Hello

I happy to show you the modification I do in this great swirls body.

I buy this guitar like this (volume, tone knobs and 5way switch is black before)

After that I change the pick-up because the look of the guitar its really dark like this.

After 4-5 months to play with her I was able to be made in the idea that the neck pleased me in no way. And with this neck, the guitar look too dark. I take the neck of my RG505DY and I put-it on my swirl body. I remove the red knobs for a yellow one (Ibanez white base).

After that, she look really great and the neck its really better for me.

More pictures here: http://www.lnhs.ch/JEMcustomDNA.html

Body: Swirls by B&A Guitars
Neck: RG505DY
Pick-up: Breed
All others piece its original Ibanez Parts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 09:28 AM

Re: Picture after modification on my Swirl Custom

looked so much better with the rosewood neck and the colored pickups... just a personal preference.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Banned

i like it the way it is now (rg neck) awsome.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:27 AM

yellow headstock doesn't do it for me rest is nice
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1325 View Post
looked so much better with the rosewood neck and the colored pickups... just a personal preference.
Maybe I thinks the same if the vine inlays its green (like FP). With green vine inlay its color this guitar.

The red vine inlay its really dark red + the roswood fretboard, its really to dark for me. Maybe its differant with maple fretboard and this dark red vine inlay

Its bad to lost the head swirl but even the logo Ibanez in red does not stand out.

The most important its the neck its not good for me, sharp on each fret.

Maybe when I have money I doing a new fretboard but I dont know who do good job for put new fretboard in this neck.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM

The fretboard is ebony not rosewood.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 12:55 PM

I like it better with the maple board, but im not really digging the yellow headstock because of the lack of yellow in the swirl. However playability is definatly more important than looks, so if you like the dy neck better theres no question of which to keep. Anyway, thats still a killer guitar!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 12:33 AM

When you say that the neck is "sharp on each fret", do you mean that the pitch of the fretted notes are sharp, or the frets themselves?

I like that guitar with the maple neck on it. I'm not a big fan of vine inlays. Perhaps you could sell the original neck, and have a custom maple one made. I think some disappearing pyramids (with colors to match) would look awesome.

Tags
swirl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode