Planning on buying JEM7DBK - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Planning on buying JEM7DBK

Hey folx, Im planning on buying the Jem7dbk next week (the black one with the reflective pickguard and screw inlay), And I was wondering if I could get some feedback from you guys. anyone got the same model and wants to share his experiences with it? are there "better" models of the JEM?

hows the sound? build quality? etc etc..

Thanks guys!
cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 05:56 PM

me too!

personally, i like the 7DBK better because:

1. its not as flashy with the gold and vine inlay

2. not as heavy

3. the breed pickups are smoother(in my opinion) and i like them better. they seemed to get better harmonics than the evolutions, but the 7vwh i tried out wasn't set up right

4.i'm more of a metal head, so the industrial look fits me better

i can't wait!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 05:58 PM

I love my DBK... but the right tool for the right job, eh? The DBK is a great all around guitar, and I love the Breed pickups. Some people say the pickups are 'dark' but I don't quite get that... relative to the sharp Evo's, perhaps they're relatively right. But I find the Breeds are simply fatter and warmer sounding.
The neck feels great to me, although I really like the JEM7VWH necks too. And the Ultra necks. Just be aware that the neck is pretty darn thin. Rosewood isn't as smooth as ebony, but it's fairly negligible. Scallops don't make a difference to me, but the vine.. oh the vine. If there was one gripe about the DBK, it would the the inlay- cheap (sawdust in the inlay!) and kinda plain.

I don't see how you can go wrong, especially for the price they're at now at some online stores having blowouts!

If you want a quick listen, I recently posted a microphone demo in the multimedia section, and I'm "playing" my DBK for the distorted leads. Here's the link:
http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=21755

-Ben
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 07:34 PM

Great guitar!! You won't be disappointed. Welcome to the club!!
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 08:48 PM

Ive had my DBK for a couple years now and I love it. The thin wizard profile type neck took a bit of getting used to, but once adapted its great. I customized mine a bit and even decided to change out the pickups.....overall a kick ass guitar, you wont be dissapointed. As far as the rosewood board vs ebony goes, I would DEFINITELY recommend picking up some "Gibson fretboard conditioner", that stuff works wonders on my DBK's neck and it feels almost as smooth as ebony after a good dose of it!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 01:41 AM

I love my DBK. If/when you get it talk to Jeremy at LGM guitars about getting a chrome vine done. I can tell you from experience that it MAKES this guitar. You won't be sorry.

LJ
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 07:18 AM

Mine is fantastic!! I've never been a real big fan of the vine inlays and also being a Metalhead makes me agree with stratman above, almost point by point I have Evo's in another guitar and prefer the Breeds slightly...
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 11:50 AM

The DBK is a great guitar - especially for the price. I love the Breed pickups (put a pair in my BFP) and it's a very light guitar. Unfortunately, I couldn't get use to the neck profile - it was just to thin for me
So, I recommend you try one out first if possible. Have you ever played Ibanez guitars with a Wizard neck? If so, what did you think of those?
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 03:54 PM

I've got a bunch of JEM's due here in 10-14 days and may be able to help in your aquisition of one at a great price. Feel free to drop me a line if you'd like to talk about one.

[email protected]
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Vendor

The thrill of a cheap price is short lived if it's not problem free out of the case. If you want the best playing guitar with the most stable tuning drop me a line

[email protected]
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 04:41 PM

Well, drop one of us a line either way. We're both able to assist in your next purchase.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Vendor

Well said!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

hehe

i sent you both emails
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 08:11 AM

I brought mine with me to Kuwait... that way if it got bashed up a little I could just cover it with black permanent marker... luckily, I haven't had to yet... stayed in tune pretty much the whole time too.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 08:18 AM

i have a DBk and i love it. Its another one of those Jems where it looks alright in photos and then great in person. Its really light, so its easy to gig with, has a very reliable trem, great sounding pickups and a great neck. After using my DBK, every other guitar neck i try feels far too thick! I most definately recommend getting a DBK, as for new guitars you won't find a better deal for your money.

Tags
beautiful guitar , chrome vine , ibanez guitars , lgm guitars , playing guitar , rosewood board

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode