Please help..why won`t my JS100 sell??? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

Please help..why won`t my JS100 sell???

Hey Guys, I joined this forum hoping to get some honest advice in regards to unfortunately having to sell my JS100. I know that it`s a beautiful guitar and it means a lot to me, especially now since Satch signed it during a meet and greet, but sadly i do have to part with it for financial reasons... I have had it listed for sale on other sites but I am completely puzzled as to why no one has shown any interest towards it...I`m just wanting to see what the thoughts and opinions are out there...It`s in amazing condition, 21years old, one owner only, is stock apart from the upgrading of the pickups and has Satriani`s signature scrawled across the top of the body. The signature had begun to rub off slightly…which is when i completely stopped playing it as i didn`t want to lose anymore of the signature.
I am wondering if the signature is the reason buyer`s are staying away??? The thing is the signature could easily be removed, but i`m not prepared to do that in case there is a collector out there...

There are no chips or cracks on the body or the neck
No belt-buckle scratches on the body
The headstock has light scratches(from replacing strings)
The neck is straight
The only complaint i ever had with the guitar was the Lo-Trs Trem. It has never stayed in-tune properly when using the whammy bar...needless to say i didn`t use the whammy bar and just played it like a fixed bridge and it was absolutely fine.
It is completely stock other than the original pickups being upgraded and replaced with Dimarzio`s.

The Guitar Details are:
1996 Joe Satriani JS100 Ibanez (Transparent Red TR)
Made in Korea
serial number: C7095396
22 Frets Medium
Pickups replaced with Dimarzio PAF PRO (neck) and Dimarzio FRED (bridge)
Dimarzio Clip-Lock Strap System
Ibanez Lo TRS II Tremelo System
Whammy Bar included
Ibanez Moulded Hard Case included
***Signed by Joe Satriani - no certificate of authenticity..I had this signed by Satch during a meet and greet session…I have proof in showing photo that was taken at that time..

I had it listed for $900 AUD (moulded hard case included)
Thoughts?

i can`t upload the photos at this time for some reason but for further info or photos please PM me..
thanks in advance,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 03:29 AM

Re: Please help..why won`t my JS100 sell???

I think that price is a bit high for a JS100.... you can buy them used in NZ here for $600NZ ($550AU)

Sadly upgrading the pickups etc, while a good upgrade, doesnt really add to the value of the guitar
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I agree with Sean, it's simply priced too high to attract much interest. Have a look at ebay completed listings and see the price JS100s are listed at then see which ones actually sold and which ones didn't. You'll be able to set a more attractive price when you've done a bit more research.

The other trouble is that the lo-TRS trem is not held in high regard and other, later models may well be more appealing to buyers.

Hope this advice helps and gets a sale for you
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:41 AM

Like the others said, the price is a bit high. I bought one a few years back for $400... It wasn't signed by Joe but I would not of paid much more for it if it was....
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 12:49 PM

Reviews: 21

I owned this very same guitar in black in the 90's. Gigged a lot with it. It was great, even with the LoTRSII and the Korean manufacture. Yeah, it wasn't on par with the MIJ version. I supposed this guitar is where I got my feel for fighting a rough guitar. I used to imagine it kind of like landing a big salt water fish. I had an Evo in the bridge and PAF Pro in the neck I think.
At the end of the day I ended up giving it away. I couldn't sell it.
I think Joe going to 24 frets may also harm it. I don't know what fair pricing is in Australia but I think a Satch enthusiast might save up a bit more for a JS140, which has a better trem in the Edge Zero II.
Sorry. I hate to be the bearer of bat news.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 03:47 PM
Contributor

I also started with a black JS100 in about 1999 or so. It was the best guitar I had at the time. People are interested in JS100s exactly because they can't afford Japanese JS guitars, so the price needs to be in a realistic range for people to buy the guitar. Even with upgrades.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:00 PM

Hi, I have to agreee price is high too. I'm in Australia (WA) and picked up a 2005 a couple of years ago for 400 AUD. I remember seeing one hanging in a shop marked up at 800 AUD, it stayed there for a year untill they dropped the price.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, i really appreciate the advice...i`ll adjust the selling price and see how it goes. I`m still a little shocked and surprised at how much it`s now worth..but i get it - it makes sense. I guess i've been holding it in higher value probably for sentimental reasons.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 01:37 PM

The only other thing I'd add is that the signature doesn't really have any impact on the value of the guitar - Satriani is still out there signing stuff, it's not too hard to get a guitar signed.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:14 AM

I can only echo the other guys - my JS100 was £200 second hand. It's now the green one with Deadpool running on it, Joe has met and signed it, and it's still not worth much more than that I reckon!

Tags
ibanez js100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode