Please point me in the direction of a good, trustworthy Ibanez dealer? - Page 4 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 08:23 PM

Re: Please point me in the direction of a good, trustworthy Ibanez dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLamer View Post
Hey Rich, I'm somewhat interested in that used RG1550CA. Would you be willing to trade for my JS1200CA? Or better yet, wanna swap necks?
So you want a 550 neck for you JS neck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 09:21 PM

I haven't checked just yet if the JS1200CA utilizes the AANJ, I don't think it does. Seeming that replacing the neck with one that has a 430mm radius I believe would be a cheaper solution compared to having the JS neck's radius increased/flattened, and would still allow me to make use of the body/electronics. Kind of a a combination between a Jem and a JS I suppose. I did hear mention that there is a new 24 fret S model that was released or soon to be. I wonder if the neck on that model is 430mm. Even still, I kind of prefer the JS body and that candy apple red paintjob is really something to admire. The 550 neck, if it would fit appropriately on the JS1200, would be ideal,. In addition to having a flatter radius, I'd finally have an Ibanez with a maple fretboard, which I prefer over rosewood. Imagine a JS with a 24 fret, 25.5", 430mm radius neck, with a maple fretboard. I'd be in freaking heaven.

I just checked, and I figured as such, the JS1200 doesn't have the AANJ.

Looks like I would be better off just doing a trade. Rich, give me a little bit to think about this. If I did choose to trade guitars, how would we go about this?

Last edited by DarthLamer; 04-26-2008 at 09:36 PM.
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Vendor

I wouldn't have traded necks anyway, nor could you use it.

It all starts with an email
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:00 AM

Reviews: 10

There's a new model RG prestige thats in candyapple red, what about getting that? then you'll have the RG neck with 24 frets and have the candyapple body colour? I'm not sure which model number it is.
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 10:34 AM

Reviews: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS View Post
Well then let me chime in with devil advo...!

Can you find them cheaper then Rich? You just have to shop around.

Will the guitar be setup as good as Rich's if you get it from a cheaper sorce?
Prob not but if YOU learn to do it yourself! Being that a guitars setup can change with time, ware and weather, this is something all guitar players should know how to do.

Love ya Rich
I'll spare my Rich love this thread

Just my 2ct to the above comment:
There is a HUGE difference in a new guitar setup and in maintaining a setup.

Take for example my JEM: I got it from Rich with perfect setup. And I adjust truss, springs etc. regulary to keep it in that shape. It is very easy to do, as it came in perfect shape.

Second example my 1527: I got it from evilbay. It came poorly setup and needed a good go at it. It was a royal pain in the ass to setup and I had to take it to a local luthier to get all the kinks out. After that now, it is again quite easy to keep the setup as it is now. Just a trem and saddle rebuild is a major pain to do yourself, when you expect a brand new guitar to get to you in perfect shape.

Hence my next axe will be from Rich again (2009 after I am no longer totally broke from buyin my new house hehe).
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1973 View Post
There's a new model RG prestige thats in candyapple red, what about getting that? then you'll have the RG neck with 24 frets and have the candyapple body colour? I'm not sure which model number it is.
I have now set the auction at a specific price with no reserve. If the guitar sells for this price, and depending on the permissions I can obtain from the wife :P ,I will probably shop around for another guitar and/or purchase a prestige wizard neck. I've still got my eye on that 1550 Rich.
post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 03:07 PM

So you like the wizard neck but not the JS neck?
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
So you like the wizard neck but not the JS neck?
I prefer the flat radius of the wizard neck, but not the thinness of my super wizard. I'm hopeful that I can find a guitar with a thicker neck, from fretboard to the back of the neck, or that the prestige wizard will be what I'm looking for. As mentioned previously, the JS neck fits my hand like a glove, but I don't have a preference for the smaller radius. Now if I could find a flat radius'd neck with a ballbat rounded feel to the back of the neck, I'd have it made.
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:36 PM

Sounds like your looking for a strat neck.

Can't help but plug mine =) but the cream colored one has a new white pearloid, LSR nut and fender floyd just like my plus deluxe

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75018
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73645

Tags
candy apple red , chrome hardware , clear coat , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio tone , guitar players , ibanez dealer , local guitar center , local luthier , locking stud , locking stud mod , locking studs , maple fret , maple fretboard , monkey grip , music store , prestige wizard , prestige wizard neck , rod adjustment , signature guitar , standard jem , straight neck , truss rod , truss rod adjustment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode