The possibility of a JS-7 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

The possibility of a JS-7

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about ibanez making a production JS-7. I know it is probably very unlikely, I am not sure if the demand is there for it but now that there are no more higher end prestige 7's like the rg7ct (back in 99') and rg2027X (now discontinued in japan as well as the US) there are no nice ibanez seven strings out there, well unless you want a 27" scale neck and a boring finish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 07:01 PM

I'd say the chances of a production model JS 7-string are right in between slim and none. Though it'd be cool, I don't think there's any demand. There's the UV and the K7 already, and I don't think that a JS7 would offer any more interesting finishes than the black, blue and grey that are offered there. I believe Joe's is an oiled mahogany one, which would be cool, but...it's not a guitar that he's using all the time. Sounds like he used one on a few tunes on the new album, but probably not enough to really warrant a production model.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 03:06 AM

This has been discussed before. Like vaijem777 says, it sounds like Joe only used it on a few tunes...so nothing to really make a production model out of it. You could build a custom JS-7 for pretty cheap if you do a lot of it yourself. But again, like vaijem777 says...we have the UV's and the new K-7 and I believe the RG7's that are still out there. Not to mention the Carvin 7 strings. So it's not like if they made a JS-7 production that'd they make more money with it.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 01:39 PM

Yeah, there are alot of other 7 strings out there... But it would be sooooo cool to see a production JS-7.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Joel, those were my exact thoughts, it would be so cool to see a production JS-7. I figured that there really wasnt a market for that sort of thing but oh well maybe ibanez will bring us a nice prestige 7 in the coming years (though that is almost just as unlikely). Well regardless we will all get to hear joe's 7 string on his new album in only 18 days, I cant wait to hear it.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-10-2002, 08:06 AM

Of course if they did do a JS7 with graphics it may be another story
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 04:17 PM

Yeah, a 7-String Donnie!
And there goes Rich´ money...
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 04:55 PM

And then reality sets in....

-Graphics are pretty much a thing of the past. I'm sure that in another 10 yaers or so they'll be big again, but Joe's obviously matured beyond graphic finishes. I LOVE them, but...my name's not Satriani, so it doesn't matter.

-In order for there to be another "Donnie" finish, there would need to be a Donnie. Unfortunately, Mr. Hunt is no longer with us.

-There will be no Ibanez-made production JS 7-string. It's just that simple.

(There...just to clarify! LOL )
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 05:15 PM

"There will be no JS 7-string. It's just that simple"

Correction, there will (more then likely) *not* be any FACTORY 7 String.

I have a feeling this will make a great Fall Project for me!

(evil grin)
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:31 PM

There is one floating around...

hehehehe

I had one custom made...it was traded to Brian Hinson here on the forum, and now it is in the hands of another forum member I believe.

I couldn't wait for a production model either...which is why I had it made..

but alas, the feeling faded...
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:34 PM
EKG

Re: There is one floating around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldboy
hehehehe

I had one custom made...now it is in the hands of another forum member I believe....
I believe it is in the hands of Rikk Beatty now
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 10:48 AM

According to a dutch interview with Joe Satch, the js-7 is not to be expected in the next 6 months. They are still experimenting with woods. They are also in the process of develloping a new type brigde for the JS-7. They have settled on the fred and paf pro as pickups.

(disclaimer, this is from an interview, so treat it like that. Rumors.)
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 11:38 AM

Gawd, I hope they do it with a Lo-Pro 7 as then I'd save my pennies fr that instead of a JS1000....

on another note... wouldn't it be called the JS7000 so as to keep in parralell with the idea of better models having a higher number???
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 11:47 AM

Forgot to touch on this... but I think that if Ibanez did decide to do it there would be a demand, in the short term at least... in fact, I would personally forsee it becomming Ibanez's most popular Seven String, as well we all know the JS model *amongst guitarists* is world famous... so a seven string could only prove a massive sales boost IMO...

just my 2p

Kev
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 07:33 PM

yeow... if they do that, I WILL BUY ONE. i play a vWH right now, and I've been considering 7s .. i like the UV, but it's too jem ... plus i want a js cause i love 'em, but don't care for another 6 cause i already have four .. a js-7 would be PERFECT!

~A

Tags
abalone vine , chrome boy , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , ekg guitars , joe satriani , paf pro , parker fly , production model , rikk beatty , seymour duncan , string pickup , string pickups , virtual paf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode