Possible Jem 777lng for sale - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Possible Jem 777lng for sale

so Im thinking of selling my last jem to help fund a 1966 mustang I want. I mostly play my PRS's and the Jem doesnt get much use anymore. Problem is I cant find any that sold recently and am curious as to what there going for at the moment? If someone can help it would be appreciated. I will post some pics when I get home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 12:29 PM

Reviews: 9
Re: Possible Jem 777lng for sale

Well over here, they for for about the same price as a new VWH, maybe a little less. If it's spotless and has the signature that's about what you're looking at.

If it's in 'player condition', or missing the signature, you'd be looking at normal, good nick, 777 money. Which here is about half what a new 7VWH would cost, maybe a little more.

This probably is absolutely no help whatsoever. Unfortunately people seem to be being very brave with 777's and everyone's looking for top dollar. I haven't seen one sell on the bay for ages...

EDIT: That's not to say I havevn't seen them advertised, if you catch my meaning.

Last edited by Fun111; 07-14-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: retardation
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post

This probably is absolutely no help whatsoever. Unfortunately people seem to be being very brave with 777's and everyone's looking for top dollar. I haven't seen one sell on the bay for ages...

EDIT: That's not to say I havevn't seen them advertised, if you catch my meaning.
Last year there were 5 ads with LNG (I keep following those coz I'm looking for one myself since my old one was so used and abused that the puckups fell out i had it restored and gave it to a friend in Serbia).
3 of those 6 was 1 guitar that started with $7k, 2nd time was $4.5k and then $3.8k, didn't sell.
one was beaten to death, got sold for $2200 and I guess someone wanted it REALLY hard. one was pretty nice, a bunch of pix in the ad, a couple of dings, signature, freshly refretted, with HS case and buy it now price was 1800 and it went off the same day, sometime september 2009.
This year I saw at least 2, around $2.5-2.7
My guess - if its player's grade with dings, finish cracks and chips - $1500-$1900, exc condition -from $2200 up to about $3000
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by customguitar View Post
My guess - if its player's grade with dings, finish cracks and chips - $1500-$1900, exc condition -from $2200 up to about $3000
I'd add anwhere from $500 to $1000 to each of these figures.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

started looking closely at the guitar last night and it does have the finish cracks in the neck pocket but not that bad compared to most I've seen. Theres one small finish ding in the body and some of the paint (small amount) is coming off inside the claw. The fret board can use a cleaning but the frets are almost new. I wanted to get pics up but my camera wasnt working so Ill try to get that up tonight.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 01:51 PM
HDS

I was thinking about selling mine to buy a older LP but had been waiting for the market to come around again.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

heres a few pics

post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 07:55 AM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDS View Post
I was thinking about selling mine to buy a older LP but had been waiting for the market to come around again.

Just remember when the market goes up for your JEM, it will be up for the LP too. It's all relative. I've been trying to buy as many guitars as possible in the down market and when it turns around decide which guitars to sell - if the economy EVER turns around...
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 07:56 AM

Those appear to be pretty average neck pocket cracks and one additional finish crack. Not too shabby. Shouldn't bring the price down too much. I'm thinking you could get in the neighborhood of $2500 - $3500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractionallz View Post
heres a few pics

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 10:14 AM

Have any more pictures? It would be nice to see the rest of the guitar and would help determine the desirability of it.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTiger View Post
Have any more pictures? It would be nice to see the rest of the guitar and would help determine the desirability of it.

I suppose I should have qualified my appraisal with "...if those are the only issues with the guitar and the rest of it is minty..."
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewIvy View Post
I suppose I should have qualified my appraisal with "...if those are the only issues with the guitar and the rest of it is minty..."
No qualification needed. It's all just cosmetic anyway. From those pictures we can see quite a bit. Seems to be in good conditioned, a little "Lime-ness Green'ed" due to the poly finish ambering, which is normal and almost unavoidable. Those pictures are dark, I think the one in the middle is the most accurate for the true color. I'd like to see how clean the board is.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Heres a few of the neck, My camera sucks and the pics are much more darker than what it looks like.

The bad thing with me is that if I do decide to sell I would really wish I could get someone to play it before they buy this way I would want to make sure there happy with the purchase.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Heres a pic of the whole guitar

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 05:51 PM

Hmmmmm, I live in Chicago too. I could play it... LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

paf joe review
rgx-a2 review
rgx a2 review
PGM 500 review

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode