Pre-NAMM New JS Model - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Pre-NAMM New JS Model

Joe has made mention in several interviews of a new JS model coming (sooner than NAMM).... anyone heard or seen anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:19 AM
SYL

Re: Pre-NAMM New JS Model

Excitement building.....

....but will wane quickly if its black.....
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Well I have black, and candy apple... so something a little out of the ordinary would be nice.... my prediction....

New Premium Model...new colour.
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Contributor

This is how rumors get started.

P.S. I heard it's a reissue of a donnie that comes with a free reissue of a rainforest.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Its not a rumour if Joe says its coming.

Its speculation as to what it may be.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:05 PM
Contributor

Joe's announced a number of things that didn't happen. The purple 2450 with sustainer. The 3 singles guitar. Just because Joe says it's coming does not guarantee a guitar is actually gonna happen at any time. Oh yeah and didn't he announce the JS2 Chromes before they had decided to produce them? That's what my guitar teacher told me back in 1998 or so.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Your point?

I merely stated Joe mentioned a new guitar on the way and asked if anyone had heard anything further...
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:09 PM
Contributor

Don't get defensive. My point is exactly what I said, that Joe sometimes announces things are coming that don't end up coming.
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDemon View Post
Don't get defensive. My point is exactly what I said, that Joe sometimes announces things are coming that don't end up coming.
Thats fine, doesnt mean it isnt fun to guess what it might be.
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:52 PM
Contributor

I didn't mean it to discredit your post. I was just saying it as a caution that Joe sometimes spills beans that aren't getting made. I hope there is a new JS model coming and I hope it's something interesting.
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Theres probably been more 'talked about' JS's thank actual models I guess.... I think the Premium is probably due for a refresh.... and im sure the 2410 will get the chop soon.... but who knows....
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Contributor

I assume it's not the 3 singles JS which I still hold out hope for. I would be OK with the JS2410 going away. I got mine. There's two 2450s those should stay in my opinion, I think they are both good colors. They can do whatever they want with the 140 and premium line. I'm not the market audience for that but it should have some variation for those who are.
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I assume it's not the 3 singles JS which I still hold out hope for. I would be OK with the JS2410 going away. I got mine. There's two 2450s those should stay in my opinion, I think they are both good colors. They can do whatever they want with the 140 and premium line. I'm not the market audience for that but it should have some variation for those who are.
Yeah the 2410 has been around for a while... anyone who hasnt got one yet will surely find a good supply of used ones on the bay in years to come. The 2450s should be around for the next couple of years.... Id say the 3 single JS has gone the way of the 7 string JS.... Rich mentioned the 3 single was in development from day 1 so Id say its been passed over for something else.... Id heard there was an issue with Ibanez getting the rights to use a sustainiac pickup so Dimarzio were working on their own sustaining design? (Rumour?)...

While I wouldnt get a 140...id get a Premium if they pulled a 'Vai' and reissued a previous JS model.... JS6, Graphic etc, but I dont think Joe is too interested in revisiting the past. At best id say a new colour for the Premium.

I hope he doesnt just release another 'Muscle' colour... Im kinda done with that now... to be honest theres only really 2 things guaranteed to get me reaching for my wallet.
1... a Mahogany JS, 24 fret... basically a JS6/6000 with an Edge trem.... Muscle Car Wood Panel?

2.... Id still go for a JS7 string.... but this ones never gonna happen

other than that... something different would be good... new wood choice, maybe a fixed bridge, maple fretboard, etc.... gonna have to be something special for me to fork out the kinda price the JS's are at these days.
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Contributor

I feel like when it comes to new woods, the fact the the last three Japanese models are alder is good with me. I know that's kind of the norm now, but the model has been basswood for 20 something years so that's cool. I would love a maple fretboard. My JS90th has a much darker sound due to the ebony fretboard so I'd be interested in hearing a maple fretboard JS. I'm not too concerned with colors because I didn't like orange and I ended up getting one because I wanted alder (this was before the 2450s) so I feel like if the right interesting features are there I might be able to get a color I didn't love on first sight. However, I think in fairness to the people that aren't spending Japanese money the should vary up the premium and korean options because there's only been one premium and only one 140 so far.
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I feel like when it comes to new woods, the fact the the last three Japanese models are alder is good with me. I know that's kind of the norm now, but the model has been basswood for 20 something years so that's cool. I would love a maple fretboard. My JS90th has a much darker sound due to the ebony fretboard so I'd be interested in hearing a maple fretboard JS. I'm not too concerned with colors because I didn't like orange and I ended up getting one because I wanted alder (this was before the 2450s) so I feel like if the right interesting features are there I might be able to get a color I didn't love on first sight. However, I think in fairness to the people that aren't spending Japanese money the should vary up the premium and korean options because there's only been one premium and only one 140 so far.
Yeah the Vai models have the opposite problems... they are all premiums and no japanese newbies. I didnt like the orange at first either, then again i didnt like the 2400 at first...both grew on me. The purple and black I liked from the moment I saw them... and I think the champagne gold is one of the nicer looking JS models... my least fav.... probably the 1600, the silver didnt do much for me. I guess we will find out what it is in due time.... but if its a white or black premium.... yawn.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode